Backup help needed

mirkosvw

Mar 5, 2011
I'd like to backup my Kyros. How and what do I need? ? SD card? Any specific size, type, etc?
:confused:

Coby has been preparing for the holiday season by releasing two new Android tablets. Yes, they are powered by Android. Android-powered tablets is nothing new. With Samsung Galaxy Tab, Archos 7 internet tablet, Dell Streak and so on, there is a lot of choices among these tablets to choose.

The company ‘Coby’ has been around in the market since 1991. They are known for manufacturing consumer electronics products. Their latest Android-powered flagship is called ‘Kyros™’ which have two models (MID7005 and MID7015) . Both these devices runs on Android OS 2.1 (Eclair) and features a 7-inch WVGA display (resistive touchscreen), 800 MHz processor (CPU type – ARM1176™ for MID70o5 and Telechips TTC8902 for MID7015), built-in 4 GB internal memory with expandable memory card slot(32 GB for MID7005 and 16 GB for MID7015). Besides these, there is an HDMI-out port and USB 2.0 port. It also packs networking package but lacks bluetooth feature which seems incomplete for an Android tablet.

Coby Kyros™ Internet Tablet (MID7015)

According to the Coby website (under internet tablet section), the device seems to offer two unique apps, Aldiko E-Book and AppsLib. The ‘Aldiko E-Book’ allows you to downland and read thousands of e-books (also supports ePub format) whereas ‘AppsLib’ allows you to browse, download and install apps from the ‘AppsLib’ marketplace. Therefore, it looks like it would not be supporting Android Market. Knowing the fact that there are other tablets with more features, this does not sound quite impressive. But for the retail prices ($250 for MID7015 and $299 for MID7005), it looks kind of bargain compared to its competitors.

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
^^^^ WTF I dont get his post....
Anyway na backup doesnt take that much space 1gb max, well thats how much my backups are. I have a 8gb SD card. All you do is when you have clockwork recovery installed, Turn your Kyros off. and then hold the power button and the back button till you get to the clockwork recovery menu. Then scroll down using the "HOME" button and then select backup/restore option using the "MENU" button. I think you can figure it out from there =]

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I use clockworkmod for backup and restore
The backups are stored on the microSD card.
Here is a thread to show you how to install clockworkmod:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ace-using-update-7015a-step-step-process.html
Follow through step 17 - After that the instructions are for installing Google Market which is NOT needed for backup/recovery.
I use gscript and a short script to boot the recovery menu which I use with multiple backups. You can rename the backup folder to help you keep track.
A thread about gscript is here:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...e-terminal-commands-like-reboot-recovery.html

sicksquirrel

Jan 26, 2011
Thank You for most responses ...wtf indeed! !!!

I have extra 8gb micro SD cards from my Droid. Now, where do I stick it, she asks with a smirk??!! I don't see an open slot space.

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Danger Danger,
My manual is wrong!!
Maybe they corrected the manual since December.
Follow the image on the edge of the Coby.