Barnes & Noble Beats Amazon To The Android App Punch, But Kindle Will Likely Prevail

Discussion in 'Nook' started by J515OP, Jun 28, 2011.

1. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Basically it just says that Amazon being Amazon is enough to steal the throne from Barnes & Noble.

Source: Barnes & Noble Beats Amazon To The Android App Punch, But Kindle Will Likely Prevail | Fast Company

2. idontknow

idontknow Alternate ATF App Tester

Tablet / Device:
    galaxy note,galaxy 8.9 ,nook color
    If Amazon has been shy in revealing kindle's sales figures ,my guess is that were not that impressive!
    Gg

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

3. Candlestick

Candlestick Member

Kindle

Calculator reader - with a great e-ink screen.

After owning a standard reader < non - kindle > and a NC touchscreen tablet - the Kindle is just yesterday's news. It can recover with the new devices - no doubt. I'd rather shop Amazon than B & N for ebooks - b/c of selection - but the Kindle device has reached the end of it's life.

Barnes & Noble had a good idea with their latest touch screen reader to keep that market alive for those who want e-ink.

4. Biotic

Biotic Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    HTC ONE, Droid Razr, Galaxy Tab3, LexiBOOK
    Now thats impressive for a lighweight tablet. Im actaully thinking about getting one of those tablets.

Superpad Support Dev Sent from my LGV Ally

5. jinnijinn

jinnijinn Member

I love my kindle. And latest estimates are that it'll sell 17 million devices this year. The new nook is nice for sure, but lacks all sorts of features I want in an e-ink reader: audio, screen rotation, 3G. I've no doubt a touchscreen kindle is coming; I can wait, as it's a great device as is.

Btw, a new survey is out that shows that folks are buying dedicated e-readers faster than tablets. http://pewinternet.org/Reports/2011/E-readers-and-tablets/Report/Demographics.aspx

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011