Battery capacity

timmyx

May 2, 2011
Hi everybody!
I am planing to buy one of these tablets on Ebay and I am trying to chose the seller. All the descriptions seams to be the very similar in everything except the battery life: some sellers state it as 2600mAh, some as 2400mAh and some as 1500mAh. As some of them offer different gifts (e.g. screen protection, sleeve, pen) and the prices are not the same I would like your opinion on these values for the battery capacity. Do you think they all sell exactly the same device and only declare higher battery capacity to sell more? Do you know what are the battery capacities of your tablets?
Thank you!

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
That's a terrible battery capacity. Terrible. I'm positive that the sellers are over-stating the capacity just to sell more.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
The Flytouch II has a 7600 and is barely getting 4 hours. :(

timmyx

May 2, 2011
Thank you guys for the quick replies!

Most of vendors state that the capacity is 2400 - I don't know is it some default value for WM8650 or it can vary depending on the seller.

Considering battery time, did you switch off, put in airplane mode or uninstall all "phone" applications? If I am well informed, the tablet spends a lot of energy on running of these application all the time in the background and since it doesn't have a phone functionality they are useless for us. Please correct me if this not correct so people don't waste time on trying this.

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
things like bluetooth sharing and phone dialer can be eliminated as your tablet has neither capacity.

cphilip

Oct 15, 2010
I don't know if it is the Android system or what. But when i suspend (standby/hibernate?) my windows mobile 6.1 pocketpc, the battery doesn't drain fast nad can last for days. In the case of Androids, when using a device with 3400 mah, the battery can last 5 hours or more even with wifi and that is good. But when I suspend (standby/screen off/ hibernate/ whatever?), the battery drains out very fast - sometimes in less than a day.

In the case of windows mobile 6.1, when I turn on wifi, battery drains out faster than the ANdroid system.

This shows that the Android system has focused on Internet connections and can perform better than windows mobile 6.1 but the weak side is Android is not good at standbys. It is better to full shutdown. Then the problem is it becomes not a device that we can enjoy instant on because to boot the device it will take at least 60 seconds or slightly more. Please share your experiences. Thanks!