beginner with Android Sawee Pad

Sep 19, 2011
I was given one of these as a present and I cannot use it. My husband manage to sort out the Internet connection but what I really want to do is to read books.. The pad asked me for an SD card which I bought.. but i don't know if it's the right one as on the package of the card it says "Please check that your electronic device supports the SDHC format". Does this have to do with the message saying that "there's no SD card" when I tried to download an application even when the card is in because it's not recognised?
I read somewhere that the only way to download an application was by using an SD card.

Please help me.
Thank you,

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
You can download from Market if you have market access. SD card not required, but after you download a significant number of apps, you will want to push the ones that can move over to the SD to keep resources on the tablet free.

You can download apps from various places on the web using a PC, then put them on the SD card to move them to the device to install them.

If you put the SD card in the device, it should sense that it is present, even if it is not properly formatted. You should be able to format the card in your device, or you can use a utility like HPUSBFW, which is freeware available on the web (and I have had great results with).

Good luck!

Sep 19, 2011
Dear DanU,

Thank your for reply.
1) How do I know if I have market access?
2)Everytime I have tried to download an application from the web it says "An SD card is required to download HPUSBFW.EXE", for example as you recommended. (I don't think my laptop, a modern one, has a slot for the SD card (SDHC).
3)Yes, you are right, it does sense that the SD card is present because it is there as a device. However, I keep receiving the message that an sd card is required to dowload.
4)Have I got the right card? Mine says "check that your device supports the SDHC format"...The slot where I have inserted the card says: TF card.

Still no luck!! I want to surprise my husband and manage to do it!
Thank you

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
1) Look to see if you have the Market icon. IF you do and can start Market, do a search for some common apps, like Angry Birds, Titanium Backup, Aldiko Reader. If you have full access you'll see those. If you don't have full access, you will get some weird results but no match to the actual apps you are searching for.
2) You get the SD error when trying to download to the PC? That should not be the case - it shouldn't care.
3&4) Have you tried formatting the card in your device? Or at all? Maybe you can get a USB card reader to help format the card in the PC, but I think you should be able to format the card in your tablet.

Sep 19, 2011
1)Market icon: Yes, I have it. As I started scrolling down it went onto an error mode so I have turned off the tablet and back on again and still showing the error... I press "retry" but no luck.. I am trying again.
2)I get the SD error when downloading on the tablet. I have checked my laptop and the slot is different so we have to forget this possibility.
3)How do I format my SD card in the tablet ... could you advise, please!!

Thank you,
(I cannot access the Market icon now as error message reads "a server error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen)

Help!

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
from home screen, Menu, Settings, SD something (sorry don't have my tablet here at work)...,

In this menu you have options to mount, un-mount and format SD cards in the device (at least in my 2.2 device)

Sep 19, 2011
1) I knew this: from home screen, Menu, Settings, SD something (sorry don't have my tablet here at work)...,
Unfortunately I do not have the option of format SD card ...only mount and un-mount
In this menu you have options to mount, un-mount and format SD cards in the device (at least in my 2.2 device)[/QUOTE]

Are we giving up?..still error with the Market..

Many thanks

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
My next best suggestion is to find a place to format the card (FAT). Either find someone with a PC you can use, or get a USB card reader and format it yourself using your USB port and the reader. Card readers are cheap to buy - should be easily under $20 and if you look you can find them under $10. Format the card and see if you get better results.