Best 9" or 10" Under $250 - I Know, I Hate These Too, but Mine Died Today, Be Kind

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
ok, bought an ainol advanced last spring and things were going well, but the more i used it the more i wished i had a 10 (came from a gtab)

ainol died today and im pretty bummed

gotta stay in the reasonable range of 200 - 250

LOVE everything in the ainol other than the reported quality issues (this is actually the 1st and apparently last issue Ive had w/ it)

Like some of the mainstreamers Nexus Nook etc OTHER than the fact that some of those guys seem to have lost their MINDS pricewise and forgot about mempry expansion by not including the sd card slot.

want dual core at a minimum, 8gb minimum (16 better) AND a sd card slot

Ive had 5 point touch so i dont want to downgrade,

but ive been pretty happy w/ my ainol that I havent kept up.

Theonly thing i see imideately is the cube U30gt (?) I may have the model wrong

actually the nook hd+ is very attractive just at the top end of my $

please lets hear youre real life observations

thanks

j

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
BTW< im a daily user, bible studies, personal finance, replaced my franklin with a palm years ago and never went back located in the US, but have bought direct from china in the past

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
ok, bought an ainol advanced last spring and things were going well, but the more i used it the more i wished i had a 10 (came from a gtab)

ainol died today and im pretty bummed

gotta stay in the reasonable range of 200 - 250

LOVE everything in the ainol other than the reported quality issues (this is actually the 1st and apparently last issue Ive had w/ it)

Like some of the mainstreamers Nexus Nook etc OTHER than the fact that some of those guys seem to have lost their MINDS pricewise and forgot about mempry expansion by not including the sd card slot.

want dual core at a minimum, 8gb minimum (16 better) AND a sd card slot

Ive had 5 point touch so i dont want to downgrade,

but ive been pretty happy w/ my ainol that I havent kept up.

Theonly thing i see imideately is the cube U30gt (?) I may have the model wrong

actually the nook hd+ is very attractive just at the top end of my $

please lets hear youre real life observations

thanks

j

Hi j,
The Ainol Novo 10 Hero and Hero II are available now, you can take a look. and also the Ainol Novo 9 Spark will soon available, they are all good choices for you. welcome to order! :)

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
Hi j,
The Ainol Novo 10 Hero and Hero II are available now, you can take a look. and also the Ainol Novo 9 Spark will soon available, they are all good choices for you. welcome to order! :)

Have you seen any quality differences between the hero II and say the
[h=1]Ampe A10, I've never heard of the Ampe, but then, like i said I havent been keeping up.[/h]
Also there is an Onda V812 that is showing good specs

anyone have hands on?

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
I have my eye on this.
Ramos W42 Quad-core 9.4 inch IPS 1280*800 Android 4.0 16GB Bluetooth HDMI Dual Camera

I have always thought 9.7" was the best size, but this is the same width, and not quite as tall. It should make it easier to hold ...not quite the handful of a 10.1".

I know that is a tad more, so if you must stay closer to 200 ...take a look at this.
http://www.merimobiles.com/pipo-m8-...-camera-hdmi-bluetooth-5mp-cam_p/meri7230.htm

I actually like the Pipo more, but have an idea the Ramos will be the better quality.

I wish you well.

Last edited:

islandfever

Jan 28, 2013
New to this site and all the tablet stuff guys, so sorry if I ask dumb questions...long time android user on Razr now. Looking to buy a tablet. These Japanese cheaper units...What are the downsides?