best way to sane me home setup?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
I love how i've got my nook color home screen and pages setup but i always love to experiment with other looks - any suggestions on the best method of saving my current 'look' without going through the complete backup route?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
If you are running ADW, you can save the desktop settings to your SD card.. Just go find the backup of the settings you really like, then rename it to keep it safe. Then you can futz with it as much as you want and havea fase backup. Other launchers probably have a similar backup.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Or jsut use multiple launchers in general since you can set each up differently. Change launchers change your look. I would guess they must save someplace as ravenj said for the reason that they do reatin their settings. For example (I know you aren't autonootered but) on an autonootered nook you can have the B&N launcher, zeam and adw and switching between each completely changes what you see like you have 3 different nooks.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
i like that idea

Or jsut use multiple launchers in general since you can set each up differently. Change launchers change your look. I would guess they must save someplace as ravenj said for the reason that they do reatin their settings. For example (I know you aren't autonootered but) on an autonootered nook you can have the B&N launcher, zeam and adw and switching between each completely changes what you see like you have 3 different nooks.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Titanium Backup also works. you can choose just what apps and datasets you want backups of, and restore only those too.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
In launcherpro and adw you can backup homescreen and settings in launcher settings/preferences. It will save a file on your sdcard. You can copy it to safe location and rename it as it overwrites the file every time you select backup in launcher settings.