Bricked Tablets

Halfabrain

Dec 20, 2011
Yep tried all of them. Trying to grasp what a couple of other posters mentioned in other threads, that if there is a work around it must be found. If the wrap that I placed on the tablet bricked it and it is not responding to a button command (i.e.: power button), I wonder if there is a way of applying power "after" the power button after opening it up.

In turn this would allow the tablet to boot (even if there is still no OS image), but still be able to apply the micro-SD card with another wrap. Preferably the correct one. I look at this being an easier step rather than DE-soldering the ROM for the average techie.

There appears to be minor variances between the wraps on paper. What that does to a tablet is beyond me. If the tablet is smart enough to kick back a wrap that doesn't fit it, but accepts a wrap that makes keys not operational, then it must be repairable. Maybe the keys work but the screen is shut down and we can't see it. Just thinking outloud.

cbrownwalker

Dec 26, 2011
i have a tablet from china from wondermedia family, m799ca the power button has broken. if i can locate a replacement part, or the buyer is wanting me to return it to china.