bypass mobile websites, change chrome user agent to desktop.

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
They should just give you a slider option in the settings for chrome. What a pain, this is one of my gripes with honeycomb. The ipad doesn't seem to be affected by this issue. Got it working though thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
Thanks Panda. I was using dolphin browser because it is easy to set as desktop. But I think the honeycomb browser is better. Now it definitly is. You rock'

ithink2020

Apr 18, 2011
Note, when going to a site, make sure you type the normal sites address. For example, if you want to go to USPS.com, type: www.usps.com

If you do not include the "www", the browser will automatically try the mobile site, regardless of the setting change above.

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
I guess there is a way to stream some TV with PlayOn... I haven't tested it and there's a yearly charge... not sure of compatibility, anyone try it? Think I might do the trial tonight and see

sheba611

Apr 22, 2011
Thanks Panda. Seems a round a bout way to get web sites to display in desktop mode in the stock browser. Should be a normal option under settings. Took a couple of tries to get the "Debug" menu to show up in settings.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Thanks Panda. I was using dolphin browser because it is easy to set as desktop. But I think the honeycomb browser is better. Now it definitly is. You rock'

Wait...

You Do Know that Dolphin is nothing but a thin wrapper around the stock android browser, don't you?

How can one be better than the other?
Can an unpainted house be better than a painted one?
Can an a candy bar with a wrapper taste better than an unwrapped one?
Can an undressed girl be better than..... ah, oh never mind.

pacer

Sep 27, 2011
Thanks for the info Panda, however it doesnt appear to work with Singapore Airlines website, for some reason it keeps redirecting to the mobile page, I have also tried the suggested browser search with www, no luck. Regards Pacer