Camera out of focus

mmanea2002

Nov 16, 2010
Hello to all more or less happy owners of A500.

Honest, I am one of the happy ones

Now, I have discovered a problem in my opinion driver or software related.

When you try to do a picture with the back camera is out of focus. If you keep the finger on the trigger you will see that the camera is strugling to do the focus, is actually passing through a position where the picture is very sharp but the final result is blured and out of focus (honest, my Omnia 2 is doing photos of a very good quality keeping in mind that is the same 5 M camera)
Initially I thought that my tablet has a problem but I was in different stores and tested the A500 in display and all of them face the same problem (tested at least 6 of them).
Did anybody tried any other camera software or find a setup of the original software in order to solve the blurred photos?

All the best :)

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

enkryptik

May 24, 2011
I've returned one a500 and on my 2nd but both have had horrible camera focus. I too think it's software as it does get sharp while attempting focus. haven't tried other software yet but will when i get a chance. Even manual focus would be ok compared to how it is now

mmanea2002

Nov 16, 2010
Hello enkryptic,

Well, looks that you are right I think also that is software or driver related.
I was trying to do some close up pictures and the focus is way better.
hopefully they will solve this with a patch. I will try some other program to take pictures, you recommend something?

dacarter

Jun 24, 2011
I also have been frustrated by this problem. Does anyone know if another camera app works better?

enkryptik

May 24, 2011
tried both. neither give good results like my phones do. other than that, solid device unless i'm forgetting something...

dacarter

Jun 24, 2011
I have mainly tried Auto. It fails horibly nearly every time. You see it try to focus, and even go past correct focus to a fuzzy image, then snap the picture.

dacarter

Jun 24, 2011
I'm used to the iPhone where you just tap the button to take a pic.

I just tried holding the button until it double beeped, pic still out of focus.

peejayw

May 6, 2011
Have a look at these two shots, very cropped, of my laptop screen.
One is single-click, the other is hold for two beeps.
The difference is pretty obvious.
$IMG_20110713_132231.jpg$IMG_20110713_132237.jpg

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
My tests show just the opposite. The camera fires as soon as its in focus. And holding for the beeps yields worse results when you zoom in and look at them