Can a tablet drive an external monitor?

olwe

Feb 21, 2012
I'm wondering if a tablet can drive an external monitor. For example I've got my ViewSonic 22" at 1920 x 1080 connected to my laptop. Can I do this trick with any Android tablet out there? Also, I have Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Can they also be used with a tablet? When I see talk of the HDMI jack to a TV, I'm guessing it just mirrors whatever the tablet's res is, but can it be bumped up to higher res?

ruppinarun

Apr 26, 2012
I'm wondering if a tablet can drive an external monitor. For example I've got my ViewSonic 22" at 1920 x 1080 connected to my laptop. Can I do this trick with any Android tablet out there? Also, I have Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Can they also be used with a tablet? When I see talk of the HDMI jack to a TV, I'm guessing it just mirrors whatever the tablet's res is, but can it be bumped up to higher res?

Hi Olwe,
Even I want to show a high resolution image/video when my tablet is connected via HDMI to external device, rather than showing a mirror version of tablet screen.
And as far as I know, it needs changes in surfaceViewer and NDK layers of Android. And I am a noob in both these areas.
Note that I also want to try inflating a different layout(in externally connected monitor) as soon as my tablet is connected to external monitors via HDMI. So any pointers / information will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Ruppin