can anyone help on this problem please

iceman2

Jul 30, 2011
Hi, just trying work around my new flypad 3 android.

I have a usb 500gb drive, full of films and music which works great on any other laptop or desktop I plug it into.

Ok, I have attempted to plug this into the new flypad 3 and yes it says the drive is there, but I don't seem to be able to access anything on it. It just says the drive is there, when I go to storage devices, thats about it.

How on earth can I get stuff to run or play on this machine, this is computing is a dimention of leaving me a fish out of water here. whats going wrong ?

mancsguy

Aug 23, 2011
I've not tried with a USB yet, but I know with a memory card you have to mount it after installing it - it may well be the same with USB drives. Look for it in settings & see if it gives an option to mount it

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
I don't have a flypad, but I can plug external USB drives into mine. For mine, the drive needs to be in fat32 format. A lot of external harddrives are in NTFS format which most android devices cannot read. This could be one reason your tablet is seeing that a USB device is in but isn't showing any content.

If you have not tried using an android file explorer , such as ES File Explorer (which is free), you might want to download one and see if you can find your USB that way. Doing the file explorer route isn't totally a no-brainer, but its not too hard. On my tablet, I can find my USB drives by going to the /mnt/USB_drive folder.

iceman2

Jul 30, 2011
Yea thanks it's NTFS, which is what I thought why it did not work.. Bu thanks