Can this MIFI be the answer to WITS A81E and USB MODEM?

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
Eversince I got my A81E in mid August from Merimobiles, I have been seeking (beseeching?) for an answer as to how best to solve the riddle of the inability to use A81E with USB Modem to access internet, where NO WIFI. I came across this gadget:
Wholesale-Portable wireless Router 3G router freeshipping by HK post

As I am completely ignorant of this field, will some wiser counsel PLE....ASE advise me if I can get this and solve my problem of accessing internet? Thanks.:confused:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
No that probably wont work anything you have to plug in through usb is going to be hard to get to work. my suggestion is just buy a phone that is running android 2.2 and can do a native wifi hotspot like the nexus 1 or htc evo or incredible just to name a few. and you wont even have to pay extra for using it as a modem so thats nice

wintermute

Sep 4, 2010
in principle, mifi should solve your problem. not sure if that device would work though - according to the specs it should, but like probbie i don't understand why it has a usb interface. a mifi device is basically a bridge to the 3g provider on one end and to your wifi/wlan devices on the other. if you can get something like the huawei e5830 (a popular mifi device), that should do the trick. a smartphone with hotspot functionality will also do the same thing.

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
THANK you both Probbie and Wintermute for your advice. But Probbie I am not sure I understand when you say "wont work anything you have to plug in through usb is going to be hard to get to work" ! I thought the device itself has a USB dongle ( SIM card?) to connect to Internet and thus creates a WIFI hotspot which is no dif. from me sitting at home and using my wireless router - is it not? Am I completely out of whack?

Now Winter.. I must find out if "huawei e5830 (a popular mifi device), " can be used in Malaysia, thailand and India country sides where I am travelling.
Thanks a ton to you both.