Cannot Install From Android Market - Sylvania 7" Tablet w/Android 2.2

UltramanNick

Nov 6, 2011
I just bought a new Sylvania 7" tablet with Android 2.2 on it from Big Lots today. OK, I know it's not an iPad or anything, but so far it's pretty good. However, there are two issues I am dealing with:
  • When I go to the Android Market, it says that there is no associated mobile device to my Google account so I can't download anything. (In this case, it was the Netflix app). What must I do to correct that problem?
  • When I use the tablet (opening apps, downloading something, close and open apps, I hear what I can only describe as "radio static" coming from the speaker of the tablet. What could that be and how could I fix it without having to put the entire device on "Mute" (and I'm not even sure that would silence the "static" sound)
Any help would be appreciated.

jf

ashlynnjoshua

Nov 25, 2011
I had searched and went to Youtube and here is the link
. Maybe that will help..

Last edited by a moderator:

Lori1911

Dec 7, 2011
Download the amazon app store... Follow click by click steps below.

Click-by-Click Guide

You need to do this only once for each device. The clicks below should take less than 30 seconds.

Click 1

Open your device Settings and click "Applications".

Click

If unchecked, click "Unknown sources". If "Unknown sources" is already checked, skip to Click 4.

Note: AT&T Wireless does not support the Amazon Appstore for Android. See Help for more details.

Click 3

Click "OK" on the "Attention" dialog. "Unknown sources" will now have a green check.

Click 4

Open your notifications and click the e-mail message from Amazon Appstore.

Click 5

Click the link: https://www.amazon.com/app-email. The Amazon Appstore app will download to your device.

Click 6

Open your notifications and click "Amazon_Appstore.apk".

Click 7

Click "Install".

Click 8

Click "Open".

That's it!

Sign in with your Amazon.com account and start enjoying thousands of apps for Android.

This will allow you to download the amazon app store. Pretty good, popular apps. Does not have Facebook, however, you can get that from the slide me app already installed on your tablet. Hope this helps. I will check back over the next couple days if you have ?

Last edited:

Lori1911

Dec 7, 2011
The links didn't work in that reply. Go to amazon and search app store read up on how to install the amazon market app store. It works good and was easy to do.

mvancil

Aug 25, 2011
The Amazon app is really good, and you will be able to get Netflix installed, but I will be totally amazed if it actually works to stream movies for you. I have heard of some of these Sylvania tablets actually working with Netflix, but I have also heard of unicorns too.

I did a review on the Plex Media server a couple days ago, and that fixed my Netflix issue, by having the media server restream the Netflix.