Cant insert my micro sd card

viatcove

Jun 1, 2012
I have had my mid -tablet 7 ultra 4 weeks ,just getting round it now.I received my 16 gb micro card yesterday and it wont let me insert it into the tablet,have turned it over in case I was inserting up wrong way but theres no way it will slide in and I dont want to force it,I have an adapter and its ok in there,there was no tab to be removed after reading your article about sd card it seems like a fault should I send it back for a replacement,or am I missing something,I have copied photos using usb but I want the card to stay in the tablet as its so tiny dont want to remove or lose it,what do you think.:confused:

ramases

Jun 17, 2012
Had the same problem with my MID too .... made a right mess of it and had to send it back for the Seller to open the case and retrieve it (got him to put it in for me before sending it back!!). I wondered at the time if there is a bit of an issue with these and the Seller did say that they can be a bit tricky. My advice - take it easy and if in doubt get some help to do it as I am told it can short things out (including the card and the mobo) if it's put in too far!

viatcove

Jun 1, 2012
Thank you for responding quickly,no I am very gentle with these delicate things(woman, you know;))I will not force it as I could do more damage.I have written to gizmo where I bought it from to see what they suggest,hopefully get a reply by tomorrow,if I have to send it back I will send the card too and get them to do it.

macthecat

May 16, 2012
viatcove said:
Thank you for responding quickly,no I am very gentle with these delicate things(woman, you know;))I will not force it as I could do more damage.I have written to gizmo where I bought it from to see what they suggest,hopefully get a reply by tomorrow,if I have to send it back I will send the card too and get them to do it.

Hi
Hope this helps, you need to press the sd card past a certain point which'locks' it in to positions, its difficult to do using just your finger, place the card in the slot and use your thumb nail to press the card home home, you will feel it click in to position, a tip shield your thumb with your other hand,as the card can 'spring' and they are little sods to find. Just take your time and be careful you should be fine.

Last edited:

viatcove

Jun 1, 2012
I got in touch with gizmo the reply I got was Hi there
We note that you purchased a micro SD SDHC card and this may be the issue as it does state compatible with 16GB SD micro card

Customer Support
Gizzmo Heaven,

Whats the difference? the letter H.have I bought the right card or are they trying it on I cant afford to buy another

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I've been using mSD and mSDHC cards interchangeably for some time now without a problem. They are the same physical size, so that can't be the problem.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Agreed.

TransFlash (TF) is the same as MicroSD(up to 2 GB), MicroSDHC (4-32 GB) and MicroSDXC (64 GB +). The only difference is the memory inside the chip, but exterior dimensions are exactly the same.