Can't Slide Unlock Button

xwolf

Jan 27, 2011
i just got the item.
i do get the log on screen and yes it says its 100% charged, it wont let me slide the unlock button or any of the buttons/icons on the "welcome page" when i do try to slide the unlock there is movement on the screen about 2" away [makes me think thats were the tablet is getting the info]. i hope its something i'm doing wrong as i cant wait to get playing with it.

Silverwizard

Dec 24, 2010
Try going to settings/calibration & re-calibrate the screen see if that helps.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

xwolf

Jan 27, 2011
i cant get to settings, all i get is the welcome screen, nothing works when i
get there, so i cant registe/homer, unlock it or anything, it just loads and
then sits there, i cant even turn it off.

its sitting on standby i
assume, plugged in and thats all it does

Ikearat

Dec 27, 2010
A person would hope to find instructions for starting the tablet in diagnostic mode... I was unable to find any such instructions, but I can suggest you hold the small button marked "Menu" and the round button on the front of the tablet, while holding these two buttons, press the power button to turn-on the tablet. It should start in a text-only mode and I think I recall seeing a calibration tool there.

Good Luck!

Pixelbieger

Feb 15, 2011
Do you still have the Problem?

I opened my pad this weekend and had the same problem, when I reassembled it.

Here is a photo of my pad, how it looks from inside:

$IMG_6390 Kopie.jpg

When you connect the cable (1) with the port (2) your touchscreen will work again. It is a bit tricky to connect both, because the cable is so short. Maybe your pad was shaken to much during transport and the cable has loosen itself.

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
I found when it goes into sleep mode I have to press the off button at varying intervals from a quick press to several seconds, eventually it comes good.

Lucian

Oct 13, 2011
I found when it goes into sleep mode I have to press the off button at varying intervals from a quick press to several seconds, eventually it comes good.

I have been having serious problems with this tablet! I got it recently and it has been a nightmare!!! I feel sorry for anyone who is frustrated by this locked screen which I may have found a way around

1. attached external keyboard with usb cable

2. held down power button, menu button and pressed button on face of tablet repeatedly till power down option showed up. Press Esc

3. a number of "Sorry! application failure" pop ups came up which respond to touch screen to force close

4. Press F1 key on external keyboard gives access to "Settings" page

5. Select "privacy" for the Factory data reset,

6. Select "Erase everything" and allow

7. The tablet goes back to factory settings. DO NOT attempt to slide on the first appearance of the home screen!! This is soon followed by the cross-hairs (bullseye) to be touched on screen which will allow for recalibration.

8. It goes back to home screen with slider

UnkaTony

Feb 18, 2017
i just got the item.
i do get the log on screen and yes it says its 100% charged, it wont let me slide the unlock button or any of the buttons/icons on the "welcome page" when i do try to slide the unlock there is movement on the screen about 2" away [makes me think thats were the tablet is getting the info]. i hope its something i'm doing wrong as i cant wait to get playing with it.

Found this information on the RCA 10 Viking Pro Repair page at ifixit.com in the User Manual.pdf on Page 30:

- Tablet is frozen or a serious error appears -
  • If the tablet is frozen or suspended, you may need to close the app program or reset the tablet.
  • If the tablet is frozen or slow to respond, press and hold the power button for 8 seconds to reset the tablet. (This is what fixed the problem on my RCA Voyager Pro, and I had to sit through about a minute or two of waiting for it to start up, again, but the Slide Up unlock feature finally started to work after doing so)
  • If that doesn't work, press the RESET button at the back of the tablet; then press and hold the Power button for 4-5 seconds to turn on the unit.