cant type in body of message from nc. can a tablet newbie root nc w/o destroying it?

mrsmcd7

Mar 2, 2012
Can i root this nc w/o destroying it? I am computer literate but dont write code or anything like that. I REALLY want android market and the ability to use an external keyboard for basic word documents and journaling.

mrsmcd7

Mar 2, 2012
Obviously figured out hiw to type in body of post from nc. Still need opinions re: rooting as a newbie. :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'd suggest you look into running CM7 off an SD card as the solution to your problem. With the SD card in your NC, you'll have everything you're after. When you remove it, you'll have your stock Nook. Since you're computer literate, you should have no problem following the directions in this excellent thread: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/13156-how-cm7-bootable-sd.html which details the process. Have fun!

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
And make sure you actually do have a Nook Color and not a Nook Tablet. When it comes to rooting, the Nook Color is superior because the Nook Tablet is locked down and unable to run CM7 from an SD card or dual boot.