Charging Question

DawnT622

Jan 2, 2017
Hi. I'm hope I'm asking in the right spot. I'm new here lol. My daughter has a dragon touch tablet. It is the best we have purchased so far. The issue though is charging. It seems as though the cord doesn't fit in the port anymore. As if the port is stretched out if that makes any sense. So because of that we can't charge it. What do I do?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Take a picture of the port and post it here.

Without seeing the port I can't be certain, but I'm willing to bet the power jack is loose on the board inside the tablet. Someone with skill using a soldering iron can fix it pretty easily, but until it does get fixed it won't charge.

DawnT622

Jan 2, 2017
IMG_2332.JPG

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The entire port looks deformed, and I believe the port is damaged. It's not damaged as I described in my prior post, but damaged nevertheless. The good news is that someone with skills should be able to fix the issue. The bad news is that the skills needed are usually only found in repair shops.

metounow

Jul 16, 2012
I would bet all the money I have that your daughter was using the tablet while it was plugged in that is most likely why the port gave out.Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

apinkus

Sep 18, 2011
I have seen the same thing happen on tablets. One of the issues I believe may be a cause is micro USB cables are designed to go in only one way. That is one reason USB-C is designed to go in no matter which way it is inserted, there is no way to insert it incorrectly. Most of the micro USB ports are soldered on. There are many YouTube videos that will show you how to replace a USB port otherwise a repair shop is your best bet.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk