China is Android's Number 1 Market While US Comes in Second

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by dgstorm, Dec 19, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

Sometimes it is easy to get tunnel vision living in the United States. We forget that there is a much bigger world out there that appreciates technology just as much, (or more than), we do. Today's news helps illuminate this idea. Apparently, China is Android's number one market, not the US. In fact, one-third of all Android devices sold globally in 2012 went to China, while the US was in second place with just 11%. Additionally, two-thirds of all devices sold in China were Android devices, while Apple accounted for just 5% and Windows phone had just 1%.

There is one interesting hiccup to note regarding this info, and that is that 41% of Android devices sold in China are "knock-offs" and do not comply with the Android ecosystem. Regardless, here is the full press release with more info,

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. vampirefo.

vampirefo. Senior Member Developer

Tablet / Device:
    Leagoo Lead 1 ZTE OPEN C, Coby 7065, Coby 8042, Coby 9740
    Every tablet I own or have owned is from China.

3. Nana55

Nana55 Member

I have a zeki 10 inch tablet just got and forgot the password how can i reset it i fallowed the directions the one that says hold the volulme button and then tap the reset button and wait but it goes right back to the unlock screen help is there another way?

4. lenteenit

lenteenit Member

as far as I am concerned, china is the biggest electronic products manufacturers in the world, at the same time, it holds the largest share on consuming. Android is the mainstream, microsoft and windows also try their best to gain more market share.

5. zaivala

zaivala Member

Tablet / Device:
    Zeki 7"
    I'm curious as to why the article only talked about phone. It sounded as if tablets were not included.

6. zaivala

zaivala Member

Tablet / Device:
    Zeki 7"
    Wrong forum for that question. Try the Zeki forum, although there are almost no 10" users there...but the 7" works just the same, so would have the same answers.