Coby Kyros 7022 Home Button

stratic

Dec 19, 2011
Alright, so approximately a week after I purchased the Coby Kyros MID7022 I noticed that the home button became defective and was not responsive when I pushed it. After looking for an easy fix, none found, I decided I would do a factory reset on the device. When this was completed I booted up the device and was happy to see the the button was in fine working order. Now, after about one more week, the button has died on me again. I know that a factory reset will solve this problem, but I don't want to be forced to reformat my tablet every week.

I noticed after doing a little research that I was not the only one having this problem, but I was unable to come upon an adequate solution. So, has anyone found a solution to this? Is there some app that is causing this to happen? Thanks.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I remember some reports that the home button stopped working after trying to install Android Market.

stratic

Dec 19, 2011
Alright, but is there any way around that? It is a pretty necessary app for me. I dint't notice the problem until over a week after the installation of the market.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I am not sure if it depends on the version of the files used to install Market or not...

First I think you have to isolate the culprit. So maybe do a factory reset and use the tablet with only a few apps for some time... I don't think "time" is a matter, but probably something that was done that made the button stop working...

Last edited:

stratic

Dec 19, 2011
Alright, I guess I will conduct a little experiment. Will eventually post here with results.

In the meantime though, if anyone has found a solution to this please post here.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
It's from installing market afaik you must factory reset then redo the steps in order and use the gingerbread framework and such

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Odd_Bob

Dec 18, 2011
My home button still lights up but doesn't do anything. Hadn't noticed before now because I hadn't been using it. Is it important enough to go through the hassle of a factory reset?

stratic

Dec 19, 2011
To me, it is a very important aspect to the tablet. Still searching for a solution.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This happens with some tablets some of the time, it is due to the way the market is being installed by some people, If you install the market and use the correct permissions you don't have the problem, if the market apps are placed on tablet without correct permission it can disable the home key among other things.

A factory reset fixes it by applying correct permissions on all files, The correct and easiest solution has already been given.

stratic

Dec 19, 2011
Yes, after completing my second factory reset my problem seems to of disappeared.

Discuss

Mar 21, 2012
Sorry to highjack this thread but I have this problem with my Coby MID8127 purchased a few days ago, and
did not notice the home button not responding until after installing Android Market and Flash.(also 'Angry Birds)
These have now been uninstalled but the problem persists.

I've not yet had a response to my request for help on my own thread here:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-key-lights-but-does-nothing-help-please.html

I am also trying to get help from Coby...but none so far, looks like I may have to do a Factory Reset, although I'm not too sure how to go about that.

1) Can you tell me if a 'Factory Reset' leaves all apps, that were already on the tablet when I received it
from the retailer, on the unit?

2) Can you tell me what you mean by correct permissions...I'm New to this

3) Is there a 'how to do' list for the factory reset of the Coby MID8127 anywhere or can you give me your view.

Many thanks

Alan