Coby Kyros 7022 Root HELP

stratic

Dec 19, 2011
I recently purchased a Coby Kyros MID7022 and am in love with it; by far best tablet for under $200 bucks. Recently I have been trying to find in depth instructions of how to root this device. I did a little research on this forum, and there is definitively information on how to go about this, but it is scattered through many different threads and I am finding difficulty separating the right and wrongs of what to do. So, is it possible anyone could compile this information into a single post or thread that would be a bit easier for a noob like me to understand? Thanks.

Collin

Dec 19, 2011
I tried this tutorial and I get the Android guy with an ! point. It does not work. I tried Daprospecta. Can't get my Coby to unzip the files. Nothing has worked so far. Any other suggestions?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Are you using a 7022? To unzip files using ES File Explorer is a little awkward but it's possible: tap the zip file to open it then tap&hold on the folder/file and choose extract. If you can't open the ZIP, file may be corrupted. Try using Opera mobile to download.

stratic

Dec 19, 2011
I am having the same problem. Does anyone know if SuperOneClick works with this device?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Should work, is you use "shell root" first and then full root...

stratic

Dec 19, 2011
What does shell root do? Is there any possible way it can brick my device? BTW, thanks for the replies.

Last edited:

Manda27

Dec 25, 2011
Can someone please help me?? I bought this Tablet for my son and want to install the Android Market on it. I have been reading the different forums but really have no idea what any of this means. Do I need the SD card to put the market on my sons tablet? Can anyone give some detailed instructions on how to do this???? PLease I would appreciate it alot. Thank you.

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
I know there are step-by-step instructions here and on YouTube. Start by searching the forum for your tablet. Then, check YouTube. Don't do anything until you understand what you're doing. One set of instructions are linked farther above your post in this same thread.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum