Coby Kyros 8042-4 stuck on boot loop

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
Hi all,

recently I was going to change my fonts with font installer app but on reboot got stuck on boot screen meaning the android logo after the Coby logo.
so when my tablet was working good I rooted it using the sticky post here. then installed CWM succesfully also made backups and dump. But now that I have this problem, I can't seem to reboot into recovery mode. hold down power + vol+ & back still nothing. And before installing font installer app I also made a backup.

so if someone can help me out here would be great

Ricky

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
So I tried many combo's still trying randomly, but with nothing.

@vampirefo
yes I have adb setup, but it doesn't find the device:( , or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
Hey just got CWM working ! recovered ! back again! Tab just working great after recovery you chaps are just great!

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
But this is rare cos the key combination I used was 'back' + 'vol+' then 'power' and when the coby logo came I just let it lay. thenn the CWM recovery prompt! My Luck!.

And now doing same combination but CWM doesn't appear strange. but the good news is Tab is working til now. I gotta find how to properly go into CWM recovery?

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
Yeh for now on debugging will stay on for sure man. oke good to know that adb could also get it recovered with debugging on, cos previously it was off.
Got adb working great now! I really appreciate it you guys 've been a great help here. So now I'm armed :)

CobyKyros8042

May 6, 2013
Hi rick i got same problem.. pls help me =) .. I dun know how to go recovery mode. .. its stuck on coby logo too and we got same device MID8042. THANKS

CobyKyros8042

May 6, 2013
Yeh for now on debugging will stay on for sure man. oke good to know that adb could also get it recovered with debugging on, cos previously it was off.
Got adb working great now! I really appreciate it you guys 've been a great help here. So now I'm armed :)
GOod for you rick. =D help me out with my problem pls xD i think we can still fix it . idk much about droid so pls help me out hehe

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
well first I think you should take a deep breath try different key combinations
look here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-3/42871-recovery-mid8042.html#post278752

Have you installed adb setup, or let's say did you let on USB debugging?

Primero en español:
para restaurar a fabrica la tablet coby kyros mid8042:

1- apagar el equipo
2-mantener presionado tecla back + (volumen+) y presionar power. luejo solo soltar power.
3- aparecera una opciones con volumen + - seleccionar factory restore y con boton power dar ok.
4- reiniciar.

in Inglish:
1-power off
2_ press hold back button and volume +. then press power button.
3- in the option select factory restore select with power button.
4- reset.

I've done that but did't work.
Then I've done like this, and it worked:
1- Charge the device
2- Unplug from charger
3- Keep pressing BACK and VOL+
4- Put a clip on the side reset button for +- 5 seconds
5- When the android cartoon apears, press VOL + or - and select the option you want

These didn't work for me then I tried like this
But this is rare cos the key combination I used was 'back' + 'vol+' then 'power' and when the coby logo came I just let it lay. thenn the CWM recovery prompt! My Luck!.

well it seems that you have to have luck getting that 1/1000000 to boot into recovery! I would say keep on trying !

raphaeljames

May 13, 2013
Hi. I also have a Coby Kyros 8042. It is rooted but I don't have CW installed nor adb debugging on. Last night I installed busybox and when I reboot, it is now stuck in bootloop. What can I do?

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
well what I can say and have learned is that your big problem is you have no CW installed nor adb debugging on! stuck on a bootloop man your first aid was CW. And I'm not sure if livesuite can help you please confirm with mods around here.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Hi. I also have a Coby Kyros 8042. It is rooted but I don't have CW installed nor adb debugging on. Last night I installed busybox and when I reboot, it is now stuck in bootloop. What can I do?
Stick a fork in your tablet, because it's done. Without USB Debugging turned on there's no way to access the tablet. Without ClockworkMod installed there's no way to access the various partitions to fix this.

I don't believe using LiveSuite will be able to resolve this issue, since the issue isn't one of partitions but apparently incorrect file permissions.