Coby MID8024 stay on "COBY" Screen (bricked)

carlos.com.br

Oct 20, 2011
Boa noite, quero compartilhar minha esperiencia para que possamos ajudar mais pessoas.

Tenho um coby MID8024 e esta bricado, ligava acendendo os botões e com a tela preta. ou seja totamente sem vida.

na minha placa acima do processador samsung, esta escrito MID8024 V 05 , não sei se o que fiz só funcione nesta versão mas se for diferente tente tambem.

1 - baixe a firmware original no site da cobyusa.com
2 - ter 2 cartão de memoria
3 - coloque a firmaware original no cartão de 4gb interno formatado em fat32 sempre
4 - no 2 cartão coloque a mesma firmware, mas com uma diferença, faça uma copia do arquivo " u-boot " e mude o nome para " u-boot-sd " , deixe os 2 arquivos no cartão e mais os arquivos restantes.
5 - acontecera o seguinte :
vc liga o tablet ele não encontra o boot na NAND, ele procura no cartão externo, o cartão externo manda ir para o interno, e então atualiza o coby..

6 - ligue o coby apertando o botão home ( botão prata central) UUURRRRRUUUUU , ele ira acender a tela e ficar toda branca, espere uns 30 segundos solte o botão central ( home) espera mais uns 10 minutos, tem modelos que talves desliguem outros não.
7 - retire o cartão externo e ligue normalmete, se não der certo, atualize de novo mas sem o cartão externo, somente com a firmware original dentro do cartão interno, neste ponto seu tablet ja esta rucuperado so falta fazer a gravação da firmware normalmente.

não precisa dar curto em nada, nem colocar programas malucos para dar o boot, eu fiz e esta funcioando normalmente. lembreçe, isto vale para os coby com placa MID8024 V 05, creio que verções anteriores possa não funcionar, pois esta versão ele muda o boot altomatico quando não acha a nand.

email para duvidas : [email protected]

Carlos Fabricio
Tecnico em informática

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good evening, I share my esperience so we can help more people.

I have a coby MID8024 and this factory, turn lighting the buttons and the black screen. ie totamente lifeless.

above the card in my samsung processor, is written MID8024 05 V, do not know if I did not operate in this version is different but if try too.

1 - download the original firmware on the website of cobyusa.com
2 - have two memory card
3 - put the original firmaware internal 4GB card formatted in FAT32 always
4 - 2 in the same place card firmware, but with a difference, make a copy of the file "u-boot" and rename it to "u-boot-sd", leave the two files on the card and most of the remaining files.
5 - the following happened:
you turn on the tablet it does not find the boot in NAND, it looks in the external card, the external card orders go to the inner and coby then updates ..

6 - connect the coby pressing the home button (silver center) UUURRRRRUUUUU, it will light up the screen and get all white, wait about 30 seconds release the middle button (home) waiting another 10 minutes, maybe have templates that others do not turn off .
7 - remove the external card and turn normalmete, if does not work, update again but without the external card, only with the original firmware into the internal card at this point your tablet already rucuperado so this remains to be done recording the firmware normally.

not need to short on anything, not crazy place programs to boot, I did and this funcioando normally. lembreçe, this goes for coby plate MID8024 05 V, I think Vercoe earlier may not work, this version because it changes the boot when altomatico not find the nand.

email to doubt: carlos.com.br @ gmail.com

Carlos Fabricio
Computer Technician

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Not too sure about what the post above is saying but coby 8024 has an official firmware thread maybe that can help....LINK
Also Slatedroid is for different tablet for a8cortex boards. Androidtablets has better and more up to date information.
You should also read 7024 thread All You Need To know, because it is very easy to render your tablet useless. So be careful what you try to install

eldade

Aug 21, 2011
Thank you all for the answers , but I successfully restored my tablet with the COBY's firmware, which I downloaded on your site. We can help a lot of people with this information now.

Eldade