coby mid9742

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You provide no details of how you got to this point. We can't help you until you do, especially as we can't read your mind.

fatb0y

Dec 17, 2014
i was trying to root it and install google play at first it was stuck on the coby splash screen the last thing i did was flashed it with the mobiz 9742 ...i was just playing around with it some more and i guess you could say everything is inverted i was just running my fingers all over the screen and it unlocked

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Did you make a system dump using the tools available in the forum before starting? If you did, and you should have, replace the lib directory in the Mobiz zip with the one from the system dump and flash it again. We also have system dumps for several variants of the 9742 if you didn't make the dump. One of them may work.

That should fix your problem.

fatb0y

Dec 17, 2014
nope i was a idiot and never did make a dump......i dont know what im doing wrong when i try to change the lib folder the tablet doesnt recognize the folder on the sdcard

Last edited:

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
I think what Traveller1701 meant is change the libs in the Mobiz zip file, then flash it complete. But the lack of access to /sdcard does not look good. Why is your lib folder on the sdcard? it should be in /system/lib. I think I would read the entire thread for the Mobiz ROM; vampirefo put several patches (four I think) in it. Try them in order; I have one 9742 that didn't work correctly until the last one was flashed. Or start flashing some of the dumps provided, return to stock and start over.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
@kevinthefixer: That's exactly what I meant. It's what I had to do in order to get Mobiz working on my 9742, though in my case it was because of YouTube videos being upside down. Getting his tablet working though is going to be more difficult, because he didn't make a system dump before starting. There's no guarantee that any of the dumps, mine included, will work to resolve the issues he's having.

fatb0y

Dec 17, 2014
the two 9742 dumps i found when i take the lib folder from them and put them in the mobiz zip and reflash the tab gets stuck on the android splash screen

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
i was trying to root it and install google play at first it was stuck on the coby splash screen the last thing i did was flashed it with the mobiz 9742 ...i was just playing around with it some more and i guess you could say everything is inverted i was just running my fingers all over the screen and it unlocked
Mobiz can't change your touch screen, livesuite did though, search for a thread where a users used livesuite and his TS got messed up.
In that thread you will find all the files and info you need to get your TS calibrated.

sent from my kingSing T1 via taptalk

fatb0y

Dec 17, 2014
I found that thread I downloaded the three files but then couldn't find the locations inside the file manager...it sounds like it would be easier to use abd but i have no clue what that is or how to set it up properly

Last edited:

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
You have advice from the two top experts available anywhere on Coby tabs. Now I'll give you one more: stop jumping in and trying this-and-that without doing your homework first. This is how paving blocks are made, or bricks if you prefer that term. Take the next week and read everything in this forum related to your tablet, including what vampirefo just linked to, and all the stickies in this development section, and all the rest of the sections for gen3. How did you manage to get a custom recovery and ROM without adb anyway? Once you have a clear understanding of what it is you're trying to do, that is the time to start flashing stuff. Nobody will steal your tablet in that time, it's not working right.

fatb0y

Dec 17, 2014
You have advice from the two top experts available anywhere on Coby tabs. Now I'll give you one more: stop jumping in and trying this-and-that without doing your homework first. This is how paving blocks are made, or bricks if you prefer that term. Take the next week and read everything in this forum related to your tablet, including what vampirefo just linked to, and all the stickies in this development section, and all the rest of the sections for gen3. How did you manage to get a custom recovery and ROM without adb anyway? Once you have a clear understanding of what it is you're trying to do, that is the time to start flashing stuff. Nobody will steal your tablet in that time, it's not working right.
i know what i'm trying to do and i have read all that stuff and i'm still confused if i knew exactly what i had to do i wouldn't of posted asking for help

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
i know what i'm trying to do and i have read all that stuff and i'm still confused if i knew exactly what i had to do i wouldn't of posted asking for help
You need to start from the beginning, how did you root your device? How and what recovery have you installed?

How were you able to install mobiz rom?

adb is required to root and install cwm recovery using the method on this forum.

Yet you don't have adb setup, so something isn't right.

sent from my kingSing T1 via taptalk