nicola

Dec 26, 2011
please help
i had a tablet for christmas and cannot conect to wi fi
can some please give me some tips
thanks Nicola

gentiandaisy

Dec 26, 2011
When connecting tablet to Wi Fi are you adding the details of your wi fi or hub?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Dec 26, 2011
i as many others seem to have the same problem connecting to wi fi with the android 2.2. i have added the details of our router and no success. don't seem to see any solutions on here. does anyone know the answer because i'm about to send the thing back as a faulty unit?

adjudzman

Dec 26, 2011
Make sure you are connected to the internet. Go to "Setting" then "Wireless & Network" then there should not be a check mark on the Airplane mode. Wi-Fi should show that you are connected to the wifi SSID and should have a checkmark. You might also have to set up the "Wi-fi Setting", which is part of "Wireless & Neywork Settings".

barbi717

Dec 26, 2011
I am having the same issues. It is recognizing our network but then when it goes to authentic the IP address it sits there and then disables or disconnects. We have many other wi-fi devices in our household and have never had issues connecting to our network. This device is just frustrating me, plus it was a Christmas gift for my daughter. What good is it if I cannot get it to connect to our network??

alykat1024

Dec 26, 2011
same here....started with connectivity to wifi and internet yesterday afternoon, last night had wifi but could not get to internet 505 error, this morning nothing... can't connect to wifi, goes to obtain IP adress then disconnects. No issues with m laptop and connecting...Contacted support, no answer, leave message, sent email, nothing so far...can anyone assist??? Christmas gift as well, very frustrating!

netminder123

Dec 26, 2011
I had similar problem until I got a newer wireless n router. My tab was spotty to no connection on my wireless b router. Old and nee technology just didn't get along.

sdavisglobal

Dec 26, 2011
New Tablet: Android 2.3.3 Model: M799CA V2.2
got it for Christmas, it won't connect to the internet at my mom's house. She has a new model router and has no problem with other wifi devices including a MACbook Air. I've rebooted it, rebooted the factory reset (now it's all in Chinese) and I'm trying to reset to English as well.....If it won't connect to internet it is no good. HELP!

goldylocks

Dec 27, 2011
Me too, Mid M806S (can't find a maker) has been working for days, just won't connect today although I have confirmed router info and signal etc. AHHHHHH

pittcrew29706

Dec 27, 2011
my tablet want connect ? it's connected but when i go and use the tablet ,like look up a app it say connection failed... any suggestions to why this is happening ?

Dec 26, 2011
Same thing happening to me, both kids got one for christmas and my daughters connected straight away, my sons one been trying for days - very frustrating. Is it a fault with them and can they be sent back? Thanks

dvaldeering

Dec 30, 2011
hi i am having the same problem no wifi getting fed up now got for xmas mine is mipal2 hope someone has anwser
thanks val

Notsure

Dec 30, 2011
I rebooted our router and the tablet started working again. This happens often with my wife's laptop also and we reboot the router and it fixes the problem every time also. It must be our router. Hope this helps.

ktkar5

Dec 30, 2011
Ditto here!! Also received my tablet as a gift.....and am frustrated I can't connect to our Wifi. Laptop works fine but I can't connect with the tablet. Any answers........let me know!!!