craig cmp738b please help me need serious help.

Trackguy

Jan 12, 2012
Recently my dad bought a android craig 2.2 tablet from a guy, it was nicely packed and looked new, but when we opened it and turned on the tablet it needed a security combination and I have no idea what the combination is. So is there any way I can get it to run??? plz plz help me!!!:(:(:(

danahamburg27

Jan 3, 2012
i have a craig tablet and now have a cracked screen it still works but cant use it fully. does anyone know if repair stores can fix it. i know im probably better off buying a new one but just asking anyway.

Sent from my M860 using Android Tablet Forum

lilpoop

Nov 29, 2011
Hi Trackguy,

All the following is copied from another thread, but forgetting that it is not "your daughter", the response may be useful.

I am going to assume your daughter's tablet is a Craig 7-inch tablet model CMP 738a or CMP 738b. The "a" and "b" models are very similar....but they are different.

I have 7 weeks experience with my Craig Model CMP 738b ( and ZERO experience with the "a" model )

The one one that I purchased, the box had been opened, and the screen was locked with a pattern. Fortunately, I was able to exchange it for another.

Many posts to this site from people who cannot unlock the pattern or password that was ( inadvertently ) set.

The part of the software under "locations & security" apparently does not allow the user to change his (her) mind, and the screen lock pattern is set.

The only way that I can imagine un-doing it will void the warranty.

If you daughter's Tablet is a "b" model, AND if it has RaLinkTech Wifi ( NOT RealTeK Wifi ), then there is a site to get the original factory configuration.
Any saved information your daughter entered or downloaded (music files, emails, e-books, whatever) will be lost.

Original firmware here : CraigCMP738BOrigRom.img

How to do it? Others have done a lot of work to try & get these tablets functioning at a higher level. "m3red's" thread explains it in much more detail. The thread that I'm referring to can be found

Here : Craig CMP738B Root with working Android Market and Clean ROM IMG file

Lastly, I went back to the Craig Electronics site and they have added some new models since last November. If your daughter's Tablet is something other than mine, DO NOT follow my suggestion.

Trackguy

Jan 12, 2012
well I tried doing the sd card thing but its still not working, because my screen is locked. Is there any way I can get pass my screen combination lock. I cant even connect it to my pc, seems like there is something wrong with it.

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
Use Rkcooking and you USB cable. Watch that youtube vedio that Vdubb posted. But used the correct rom for your tablet. All you need is the usb cable that came with it and computer. The tablet can be bricked or even stuck on the install screen and it will still help.