NEED HELP!! Craig CMP738B.

Discussion in 'Craig Tablets' started by ShafCat, Dec 17, 2011.

1. ShafCat

ShafCat Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Craig CMP738B
    So i purchased a craig cmp738b from a CVS.

After i rooted it using http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...orking-android-market-clean-rom-img-file.html to root it, i cant seem to get my Wifi to work anymore?

Either i get an error saying "Error" under the wifi button, or when i load up the Original CMP738B rom dumped from
    Tablet i get "unable to start"

Can somebody please help me? or at least teach me how to restore the tablet to factory settings/Original
    OS?

2. KendraPlanet

KendraPlanet Junior Member

There are a couple of threads on this so far. I had the same thing happen and restoring it back to the original OS restored everything BUT the WiFi.

3. ShafCat

ShafCat Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Craig CMP738B
    I did the same, But i guess once you update with the wifi turned on there's no going back..

Hopefully someone will upload a rom with the wifi turned on so we can try that out..

4. nawafpower

nawafpower Junior Member

I followed the instructions by turning WIFI off and USB Host mode off, tried the rooted file FLUSHED one, went smooth all the way, when restarted after finishing no WIFI, really?? so what should I do with this peice of crap now? A tablet with no WIFI is like a phone with no service, just a peice of junk. I even read that when someone tried to restore from original file it won't start, really?? so we trapped now? no going back even... does any one know what will the third file "CMP738brootedROM.img" do? anybody did tried this with luck for WIFI error?? please help.

5. lawlbear

lawlbear Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Android Craig - cmp738b
  6. dansamy

dansamy Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Droid X
    This is why you shouldn't use half-baked ROMs, ROMs with poor instructions or install ROMs with no way to get back to the pure stock, out-of-the-box ROM.

Most community cooked ROMs are a work-in-progress. Some still have missing functions. Some have force close issues. Always make sure you understand what you're installing, why you're installing it and how to do it correctly.

From what I've seen regarding the Craig tablets, yes, you're fubar'ed. Once the wifi is gone, it's gone. I don't have this tablet myself, but your current problem is not uncommon. It's also not covered by the warranty since you changed the manufacturer's original ROM.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

7. john01

john01 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    CMP738b
    my tablet is asking for Password i just got it? please help it is a cmp738b

8. m3red

m3red Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Rooted Craig CMP738B with working Market
    If it asking for a PW and you just got it. That means it was a return. You can try hitting the reset button on the side of the tablet or take it back and tell them whats going on with.

9. jhatley1122

jhatley1122 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    craigh cmp738b
    i need someone to tell me how to get started on set up,
    please help

10. rex2011

rex2011 Junior Member

Probably returned by some inconsiderate person who tried to "root" the Craig (for reasons only he/she would understand) then decided to simply return it and make it someone else's problem. Wonder what these folks do when a family member or pet disappoints them...?

11. Kaylee.okelly

Kaylee.okelly Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Craig tablet and a netbook
    Can anyone tell me If there's a way to get my craig andiriod tablet to use mobile network? Or if there's away I can get on the Internet anywhere with this tablet? Because I'm getting tired of driving or walking two mile to get internet

12. crnrstne

crnrstne Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby
    This problem happened to me when I go this used. Also the touch screen would not work. I tried everything and finally got into a safe mode(clueless of how) when I went back into the regular mode the WIFI would turn on. It still had calibration issues and some missing pages of apps so I downloaded the image from Craigs home page and when I updated that image the WIFI gave the "error" message again. I tried to root it but still the same. It appears that Craig will have to come up with the answers for thia. You can download the image from their site and upgrade backwards but it may or may not function. Maybe someone can tell us how to get into SAFE MODE.

13. lr00429

lr00429 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Craig cmp738b
    When you turn it on you hold menu button (above the power and hold the pwer button also