Crash causes apps to uninstall? Kyros 7024

acidchalk

Apr 6, 2011
This thing loves to randomly crash if it doesn't like something, like in the middle of angry birds for example. Then it takes forever to get it to come back on after a crash, it usually involves a lot of me holding the power button. The problem is, it will delete angry birds every fricken time it crashes. It leaves the shortcut on the desktop but it says this is not installed on this phone. It's only done it to me once on acrobat reader, and the funny thing is, when i reinstall the angrybirds apk it still has all of my angry birds saves, which is weird. Any clue if it's my holding of the power button over and over to get the thing to boot is what's deleting this?

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
The saves are in another file and on the Rio version they are also encrypted. I have been pretty abusive to mine trying to root it and have not had any crashes. I played all 3 of the versions of Angry Birds with no issues. Rolling Thunder plays great even using the gravity sensor to steer and go zoom zoom. I've had a couple of pages hang on the internet, most likely my lack of patience. Have you tried the reset button instead of holding the power till it shuts down? Are you getting Angry Birds from Appslib or installing from another source?

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Uninstall your copy and install from Appslib. That should fix it. Sounds like you just got a bad download.

racemi

Apr 11, 2011
I also had the experience of Angry Birds "uninstalling" itself. I don't remember any crashes or anything that would have caused it to do this. One time I went to play, and I got a message that it was not installed! I just reinstalled it and for the past few days it's fine. I know that I don't have any information in this post that will help anyone, I just thought the forum should know that it was not a totally isolated incident.

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
All information is useful. Again I would ask if you installed from the AppsLib or did you install from a downloaded apk? It may be a bug in the system, hard to tell. As I said all three Angry Birds work great on my 7024 with no crashes or problems. However, I've only played with the birds for maybe an hour total with the longest being 20 minutes. More details may be needed.

Luca Brasi

Mar 26, 2011
I just had three apps uninstall themselves, got them from amazon android marketplace. One minute there, next gone, trying to get them back from the amazon apps program.
Weird!

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
happen to me also..i installed the 3 Angry birds version last nite, then at work i tried a different game it crash..next moment i cant see the angry birds.. i rebooted then their back again..weird

racemi

Apr 11, 2011
OK...Angry Birds is gone again! Nothing unusual happened to cause this. I went to play it; it was there, then an error message that it is not installed! Look for it and it's gone from the screen. I'm stumped. It is the only app that does this, I have others that just hang around, but this one keeps taking off. As some one else said, when reinstalled, the scores are still there. I'm glad that Angry Birds is not that important to me, otherwise this would really tick me off. Everything else with the Coby is great.