Desperate...please help

GeorgiaKee

Feb 25, 2011
Hi, I really need help with a tablet i purchased. It the ematic-eglide and I bought it thinking i would be able to connect to 3G and I can't. I really need to know is there anyway I can get this to work with a usb modem? If so, which one do I need and where can I purchase.

P.s. I have searched the forum for this and have seen some information about but still cant really find anything. Thanks

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Without more detail about the tablet, the answer is no. Even then, the answer may still be no. There are many tablets which say in their ads implying 3G Modem capability where none is really available. Sorry for the bad news.

GeorgiaKee

Feb 25, 2011
Thanks for responding to my post gurgle. The tablet has Rockchip 2818 cpu and has android 2.1. It is a decent tablet in my opinion; i just need to get the 3G usb working. I called the manufacturer to ask for some help and they said it worked but it has to be and android dongle which I have never heard of. then i asked if they could recommend a product and was told they cant give that information since it is sold seperately :-( I've been looking into some options and I saw this product by cradlepoint that lets you turn 3G into a wifi hotspot. If you have heard of it or used it does it work?

peppers

Feb 27, 2011
do you have an android phone by chance?
if you have one that can do wifi you can usually install an app that allows them to output wifi

Last edited:

GeorgiaKee

Feb 25, 2011
Pepper, unfortunately no I dont have an android phone. Xaueious, I have seen the list, but I dont know where to buy from. Also, if I do find a way, will I have to purchase a data plan because that would be getting a little expensive. This tablet is getting more and more annoying everyday. First it was the 3G, now I cannot download apps cause it stuck at the Start Downloading process. I can't login to google talk either. I feel like this is a total waste. I think next time I will just buy a laptop smh....sigh :-(

GeorgiaKee

Feb 25, 2011
UPDATE

After having the tablet for 8 day, I have given up and have decided to return it. I already have my return number. I liked the tablet, but everday I felt like there was something elsesI had to figure out. For instance, at first it was just the 3G problem. Then my app market was stuck at starting download. Then youtube stopped being able to play videos; that was the final straw for me cause I bought it to enjoy youtube lol. Well today it off back to the store for the Ematic E-glide. Idk if I would recommend it to others because even though its pretty much ready to use out of the box, once the problems kick in, its hard to figure out something. I looked and looked to try and solve my problems and I never found one solution to actually work. I even called the Ematic company lots of time and only got an answer once. I emailed them also and got only one reply. I don't want to say its a bad tablet but at the same time, I dont want to say its all that either. IDK

kyres

Feb 28, 2011
With the problems you faced I used Advanced Task Killer, set it up to kill apps every hour, and the tablet is working fast and have no more issues with the apps, looks like this rom has some issues with multitasking. So far so good with the task killer. I also have a Airplane mode app that allows me to save some battery.
About the 3G, if it does not have the radio/function in the hardware I do not think is going to work well, so yes is better if you choose something that does not require a 3G USB Dongle.
I'm sorry that you have to return it, for what I used is working good.

GeorgiaKee

Feb 25, 2011
Im glad its working out for you Kyres. I already shipped mines off but I am glad that your enjoying your tablet. Even though the tablet didn't work out for me, it's still to here success stories about it ;-)