DinoDirect Experience

Darkasha

Mar 18, 2011
Oh god, why am I not surprised that my iMito is rubbish because I bought it from Dino Direct....*shakes head and shudders and she looks at her unchargable android*. I wish I had not only seen THIS forum but also read Dino's forum before buying anything from them. It's a nightmare.

ProTeus4

Mar 15, 2011
Oh god, why am I not surprised that my iMito is rubbish because I bought it from Dino Direct....*shakes head and shudders and she looks at her unchargable android*. I wish I had not only seen THIS forum but also read Dino's forum before buying anything from them. It's a nightmare.

If the screen is the one I need - might be able to get something worked out! Mine was not called iMito, but it is an 8" screen glass (tap kind works best with a stylus) has one button on the from bottom and LED port for the power indicator. The MFG Model is MHK-802 which I only learned from the manual as there is nothing on the case at all.

ProTeus4

Mar 15, 2011
[xaeuious] I will check them both out - thanks. I think I did find the correct screen at some place called Luna something or other but they wanted 50$ for the screen the 30 more for shipping. Effectively staying just under half the cost of replacing, but at that close - I think I would just purchase something else.

Last edited:

Total Newbie

Apr 5, 2011
This is my review from *****************, Oct. 12th. Could not link the page, keeps referring you to the new review page. Mine is on page 25. {Search for imito im7}.

imito im7, 2010-10-12 10:04:12
By jcannon
I bought this imito im7 from here and I have to say the shipping was super fast. This thing has handled everything I have thrown at it with the exception of the youtube app stopping here and there. It does 720p and 1080p without a hiccup, very smooth.
Plays games very good, no problems there. G sensor is really fast and very good. The box says the cpu speed is 600 mhz but it runs at 720 mhz. confirmed. I have used this thing everyday since I have received it and get about 4 to 5 hrs of use with wifi enabled. Very pleased with the product and Lightinthebox's service. Love this thing.

This is the page from dinodirect. iMito iM7-Android 2.1 Tablet PCMID7inch TFT Touch Screen Telechips eBook Reader - DinoDirect.com. Scroll down and check out the first two reviews from, Eric Lauziere and Patrycjusz Jaworski. Exact to the word.

Dino Direct ! ARGGGGHHHHH !! Avoid them like the plague!
Well, that at least explains few good reviews. I swore that they must have been written by employees (well, except for the fact that the english was good) as it was obvious from MY experiences with them and that of others on the forum that they certainly weren't legit ! Guess they just grab them off other sites and add in their name.

I first attempted to order an Apad from them. Price looked good - free shipping... About all they did quickly was to take my money. For 2 weeks my 'order status' said 'processing'. Emails, posts to the forum, and 'live' chat attempts to reach someone were all ignored. Didn't notice their forum till AFTER they had my money ... it was filled with people who hadn't gotten what they ordered or waited a month or 2 only to receive JUNK and were unable to get a response from the (non-existent) customer service.

Pads appeared to be particularly junky. Sent with chinese instructions, set to chinese and with chinese adapters that didn't work in the US ! Many complaints of cracked screens and totally non-working ones.

Luckily I paid with Paypal. As soon as I filed a dispute, THEN I heard from Dino Direct for the first time. Suddenly they could ship my pad right out. 'No, I want my money refunded.' We'll give you a credit ... 'No, I want my money back.' - We'll give you your money back if you withdraw your dispute ... 'No, I'll withdraw my dispute when you give me my money back!' I did finally get it !

Found the same, or very similar Apad on Amazon for the same price. It came with an English manual, the correct plug, screen already calibrated and has English icons - IN LESS THAN A WEEK. And it WORKS! Well, at least I think it does, I haven't actually figured out how to WORK IT yet. LOL

'Good prices' are only good if you actually GET SOMETHING for your money! (And it works.) Avoid Dino Direct like the plague that they are!

ProTeus4

Mar 15, 2011
My experience with Dino Direct was not actually that bad (any way not as bad as many I read about). There definitely was a time delay, however they did come through in the end. The quality of the product was certainly lacking, but then again it was at least 100$ less than any comparable thing in the US (they have to get that savings somewhere - I mean honestly there are probably very few original mfg's left in the world that everyone purchases their components from, and the trick is getting quality components working together for a quality end product. Which certainly always allows for cheaper less quality end products or at the very least varying levels of quality end products). There was also NO communication on their end - not anything useful anyway - so I would stay local if not only for that. [But again in all honesty when did you find any US product that had US Support that was worth a crap for a device like this? Even the major phone companies suck for supporting the phones and devices they have!]

In the end I did get a working device that I am currently using now. It is a no-name Chinese made MHK-802. To get it to work (literally right out of the box), first I had to purchase a Euro to US plug converter [should have been in the box], then I had to take the whole thing apart and re-solder the battery connects, and in the process of taking apart and putting back together (3 times), I managed to slightly break the screen across the top (annoying but still usable for some apps - other apps locked to a specific direction are completely un-usable). Since I cannot find anyone that will sell me a replacement screen at a reasonable price - my next endeavor will be to see if I can replace the glass myself with either Plexiglas or glass! but I will only do that when the cracked screen gets to be so annoying that I really want to attempt it. The only thing that makes me believe it can be done, is the cheaper components - it appears that the digitizer is over lain (loosely) on the broken glass - I am really hoping I can separate the two and swap out the broken piece with a similar sized whole piece. My fear is that once I take it apart there will be no turning back so I am waiting till I really feel ballsy or I get a second device to use while doing it.

Which brings me to my last point, I honestly would not change a thing with my experience so far, otherwise I would not have learned what I know now - but if anyone wishes to benefit off my experience, I would recommend they get a newer Nook Color and be done with it (any way that is my plan - all in all I spent 185$ on this lower quality device at the Barnes&Noble site you can get a new NookColor w free shipping for $249 add in a 2 year [for another 60$ you can extend the warranty for a very wordy 2 year replacement policy] =). My next device will be a nook color that I promptly plan to use Honeycomb from an external MicroSD card. I would either do that, or wait until more Honeycomb devices hit the market - so you actually get a tablet OS for a tablet device rather than a Phone OS on a tablet. And the closer you can get the support to your location and language is going to definitely be a benefit to your stress level when your having problems.

Total Newbie

Apr 5, 2011
You had to buy a new charger, take it apart THREE times, re-solder and you STILL feel you got a good deal ?? I've got some great swamp front property in Florida I'd love to sell you! LOL

ProTeus4

Mar 15, 2011
You had to buy a new charger, take it apart THREE times, re-solder and you STILL feel you got a good deal ?? I've got some great swamp front property in Florida I'd love to sell you! LOL

Not at all - I don't believe that is what I said at all. I think it was a good experience and I learned quite a bit and I know I have more knowledge of this unit that I expect most users have of theirs.

To sum things up, essentially I think I said you will get what you pay for.

Oh and not a new charger - just a plug adapter to change the prongs from round to flat US plugs and even that was free from DD, ended up using the "DinoPoints" to pay for it - although there was a strange unaccounted for extra $1.45 charge that probably cover the plug converter.

DinoDirect

Aug 12, 2011
to Jcannon, The items from DinoDirect might have some quality issues. You should try to the customer service, they will give a satisfied solution for you.
If you have any further questions regarding this issue, please follow the link below and open a case (Sign In, our Customer Service team will get back to you within one working day.

Your cooperation and patience is highly appreciated.

Regards,
DinoDirect.com

jcannon

Nov 11, 2010
to Jcannon, The items from DinoDirect might have some quality issues. You should try to the customer service, they will give a satisfied solution for you.
If you have any further questions regarding this issue, please follow the link below and open a case (Sign In, our Customer Service team will get back to you within one working day.

Your cooperation and patience is highly appreciated.

Regards,
DinoDirect.com

I didn't have a problem with a product, just that a review I gave on another website showed up on yours split into two reviews by two different people. Was just wondering if that's normal.

Obella

Sep 13, 2011
Upon further review, I found this in the forum on their page. A guy was mad for not recieving his iMito and they were apologizing for the delay and he replied, "No need, I will get my refund, and have already received my items from http://www.chinajiaho.com THEY WERE FAST, COURTEOUS, AND SOME WERE EVEN AMERICANS. CHECK OUT THERE LEGIT VIDEO. SO REFUND, AND I WILL NOT ORDER FROM YOU GUYS, BTW IM USING MY NEW APAD THAT JUST DELIVERED BY LIGHTINTHEBOX. HAPPY HOLIDAYS. So I don't think they are related companies.I really enjoyed my experience with Lightinthebox and am glad to see that most likely that's not their practice.

DDcs

Oct 27, 2011
Dear honored customers,

On behalf of DinoDirect.com, I would like to apologize for all inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. Your feedback and comment, which could improve our products and service, would be highly appreciated.

I would like to invite all customers to leave your questions and specify your order number in your comments, so could you please offer your order number to us to have a check? It will help us to investigate your issues and contact you to solve your problems.

You are also welcomed to our Customer Service Center for help at any time. We will make every effort to serve you the best.

For instant communication, please click on the following link to reach DinoDirect customer service center, which is an express and dedicated agent that would reply your message within 5 minutes. Live Help - DinoDirect.com

For order complaints and disputes, please contact DinoDirect manager William at [email protected], he will reply your email within 24 hours.

Regards,
CS-Manager
DinoDirect

DDcs

Oct 27, 2011
Dear honored customers,

On behalf of DinoDirect.com, I would like to apologize for all inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. Your feedback and comment, which could improve our products and service, would be highly appreciated.

I would like to invite all customers to leave your questions and specify your order number in your comments, so could you please offer your order number to us to have a check? It will help us to investigate your issues and contact you to solve your problems.

You are also welcomed to our Customer Service Center for help at any time. We will make every effort to serve you the best.

For instant communication, please click on the following link to reach DinoDirect customer service center, which is an express and dedicated agent that would reply your message within 5 minutes. Live Help - DinoDirect.com

For order complaints and disputes, please contact DinoDirect manager William at [email protected], he will reply your email within 24 hours.

Regards,
CS-Manager
DinoDirect

HalcyonDoor

Mar 23, 2012
Hi, Dinodirect scammed everyone with their Free trip to China promotion. Latest Posts Discover China Winners Announcement, Britain They cancelled the trip a week before departure. They used the promotion to make money and get backing from international investors! Paypal is investigating for false advertising as a sponsor. Did the winners get compensated for the total cost of the trip or did the company just save thousands and make millions?