Don't know where to begin!

ElizabethR

Dec 10, 2012
Just bought an Android to download books at school - but can't connect to wi-fi. Protocol or somesuch. Can I connect to the internet through my pc, then download books to read offline? My instruction leaflet is all in strange English and not at all clear to me. Was glad to find this Forum - I'm going to need a LOT of help!

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
Welcome Elizabeth. The Answer is yes you can download documents to your tablet after you have downloaded them via your PC, not sure if you can directly connect to the net this way though. Plug the USB cable that came with your Android into an USB port on your PC and it should be recognised straight away if you have Win 7. Navigate to your device and find the documents Folder. Download your books via your PC and then copy and paste them into the folder. If you need a document reader besides the one supplied on your tablet you can get the Adobe PDF reader or similar from Google or Amazon. Try to find more documents about your tablet online and read them all. If you can tell us more about your tablet then we can help you better too about Wifi etc. Hope this helps and keep asking questions! :D

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Elizabeth, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!