e-books

bigspider

Jun 28, 2013
Instead of buying a Kindle I was thinking of a tablet/ does anyone know how many books a tablet will hold and will it heat up if I read for 3 hours a day/ I live out in the sticks and have a 20 ft antenna so I would like to buy a tablet that has a usb port to plug in my 3G stick/ Is there suck a devise

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum
Tablets will typically enable you to do more things than read books but the storage depends on the amount of space you get on the tablet to start, (16GB or 32GB), the size of the books and if the tablet has a microSD card slot or not. Lots of variables. Heat shouldn't be a problem. As for access, WiFi is best and most "3G stick" won't work. I have information in a link below that will provide more information on some dongels that will work but again, you would need to get a tablet with a USB port. Just having a USB port isn't enough.

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
If you get a Kindle your books are stored in the cloud. If you have cloud storage you can put a lot of books in there. For reading there is nothing like the Kindle or the Nook.

KD271158

Feb 3, 2012
You can fit literally thousands of books on the Micro SD Chip that goes into the external card slot on a tablet. I have about 500 on one and it takes up less than half a GB. Aldiko book reader app is excellent, packed with features and reads the popular widespread e Pub format . Even the cheapest tablets I have easily handle 3+hours of reading.

logdog

May 12, 2013
If you get a Kindle your books are stored in the cloud. If you have cloud storage you can put a lot of books in there. For reading there is nothing like the Kindle or the Nook.

With the Kindle and Nook apps, you can archive books to save tablet space. However, most tablets will store thousands of books. I've had a Nook and now have a Nexus. I much prefer the Nexus for reading.