Firmware help request for Archos 70 250gb

Dasfreshmaker

Aug 13, 2012
Good afternoon all.

I'm new to this board, but have used it's contents to resolve a few issues on my 604 wi-fi 80gb over the years. :) (thank you google)

My current archos, (A70H-V6), is currently running Firmware version 2.4.83 (Android 2.2.1) and I was wondering is there is a more recent one.

The details on the archos site, as well as googling, have me a bit confused as there appears to be a new firmware (version 3. something) but it is referring the 70b; and I'm not sure if I have the "b" version. I've tried using the built in "Firmware Updater", but it says my tablet is up to date. I don't want to brick my device by trying to load an incorrect release.

Any help / opinions is appreciated. (also, from what I can find, there will be no Honeycomb or ICS for my tablet: confirm ?)

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
That is the most recent firmware. The firmware you indicate is Generation 8 not Gen 8.5 or Generation 9 (G9). Only Generation 8.5 (70b) or Gen9 offer newer versions of Android.

Sorry. You are able to find some nearly compatible community Firmware versions, but be aware you will lose the built-in player. That may not be an issue. The last CF I knew of was for Honeycomb, but do not know where it is now.

Dasfreshmaker

Aug 13, 2012
Appreciate the response.

I do a lot of commuting, and use the tablet to watch movies / tv shows.. A lot !! :) Loosing the built-in player would only be "bad" if there were no alternatives.