Flakey wifi/lan/gps

Discussion in 'Gome Flytouch II Firmware' started by ebod, Sep 3, 2012.

1. ebod

ebod Member

Tablet / Device:
    Super Pad
    Hi, I've posted on this topic before but never got anywhere.

I'd dearly love to dust down this lame-pad and make some use of it. My Galaxy S3 certainly makes it look like a museum piece LOL.

Seriously though, I could put up with its slowness, just wish it didn't have such a an intermittant wifi/lan connection ( and GPS without antenna is impossible ).

Does anybody know any improvements/fixes to stop wifi dropouts? Its like there is a buffer problem and the wifi drops when it can't cope with too much.

Thx

2. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    I have a link re: the WiFi issues, that has solved those problems for most people. See below.

Not certain about the GPS.

3. ebod

ebod Member

Tablet / Device:
    Super Pad
    I'm using fixed IP & WPA/2 etc. Its not the actual connection, its the fact the data kinda cloggs up. I can run web/download apps for a 2 minute period then it just hangs :-(

4. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    I say it's your router. You might want to check for a firmware update for the router. You can also go to a public hotspot to see if the problem persists. I have seen people fight for months with the same problems and a new router made all the difference. But you need to test elsewhere first.

5. leeb

leeb Member

Well, Im sorry to tell you that, in the matter of the GPS, it is not DESIGNED to work without the external antenna... That's why they supply it.

I HAVE considered trying to remove the passive receiver from the plastic 'end' and see if it could fit inside the tablet case... and if I end up doing it, Ill post results.

I agree that its the router or the channel it is using...