Free RDP (Remote Desktop Program) for T103 to access Windows 7

mymaster32

Dec 26, 2011
I am looking for a good free RDP so I can access my computer from around the house, I installed 2x and logmein but I keep getting an error about my ip from 2x and logmein when I get on it shows a white screen where the desktop is supposed to go, and tells me to download java (maybe because I am trying to access through the internet instead of paying $30.00 for the app).

Could you help?

Last edited:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I use 2x. Make sure you have remote connections enabled on your PC. Right click on My Computer and select Properties. Go to the Remote tab. If you only have remote assistance options, you must have alert version that does not support RDP.

Today (for the next 4.5 hours) Splashtop is free from the Amazon AppStore (US only I believe) and this is much better. You need the Splashtop server installed on your PC which is free from the Splashtop website. If you have to pay I is 4.99 USD for the regular and 9.99 USD for the HD version which is awesome on 10" tablets.

mymaster32

Dec 26, 2011
I use 2x. Make sure you have remote connections enabled on your PC. Right click on My Computer and select Properties. Go to the Remote tab. If you only have remote assistance options, you must have alert version that does not support RDP.

Today (for the next 4.5 hours) Splashtop is free from the Amazon AppStore (US only I believe) and this is much better. You need the Splashtop server installed on your PC which is free from the Splashtop website. If you have to pay I is 4.99 USD for the regular and 9.99 USD for the HD version which is awesome on 10" tablets.

I tried Splashtop it looked promising and was the free app of the day, but it didn't even install!

I realized I actually had the remote assistance option off, thank you. But I keep getting the Code[1a/00000001] The specified remote Connection could not be found. Verify that you have typed the correct computer name or IP address, and then try to connect again.

I found my IP by going to network settings then lan connection.

Last edited:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I tried Splashtop it looked promising and was the free app of the day, but it didn't even install!

I realized I actually had the remote assistance option off, thank you. But I keep getting the Code[1a/00000001] The specified remote Connection could not be found. Verify that you have typed the correct computer name or IP address, and then try to connect again.

I found my IP by going to network settings then lan connection.

Below the remote assistance is the Remote Desktop settings:
nl7SR.jpg

If you do not see these, your version of Windows does not support Remote Desktop. You will have to seek a Splashtop, VNC or some other streamer (like gotomypc)