Gingerbread Update - GT-P1010 for USA Customers

twilight

Sep 22, 2012
I enjoy my tab in general but am truly angry that I cannot use full functionality because Samsung, that others say rolled out a completely usable upgrade -- works in USA but only offered in other countries -- and won't roll it out here. Maybe they think we in the US are wealthy enough to throw out one tab to buy the newest? If so, they're very wrong. I thought long and hard before I bought mine and never imagined that there would never be an upgrade. How naive of me. I don't want to void my warranty by fiddling with it and see too many reports that others bricked theirs trying. Now there are many new tabs coming out and if I decide I want better firmware you can bet it won't be a Samsung because I don't feel confident they'll treat me right.

colinwhipple

Apr 21, 2011
This week I bought a new cell phone. The choice was between a Motorola and a Samsung. I did NOT get a Samsung, because they don't seem to support their products.

glussier

Sep 16, 2011
And, you really think that once your motorola phone is 2 years old, that Motorola will keep upgrading-it to the latest and greatest o/s? Keep dreaming.

twilight

Sep 22, 2012
Mine is a wi-fi only tablet, no carrier, no sim card, no contract. So yes, I do expect upgrades, especially when they have been rolled out in other countries but not offered in the USA.