Good video camera on an android tablet

nigela

May 31, 2013
I am looking for a 10 inch tablet that has a good video camera on so that i can record my daughters dancing and show her her performance straight away. The ipad is very good at this - have seen a friends - but i would much prefer an android tablet. Any suggestions ?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
I really don't understand people standing up holding their giant 10 inch tabs up to record stuff. Most tabs don't record video that well from my experience.

For the price I would buy a actual camcorder which will record much better. I have a JVC Everio HDD camcorder that's pretty small.

If you insist on a tab then I would think probably the Samsung Note 10.1 would be the best.

nigela

May 31, 2013
The main reason why people want to do this is that you can immediately see your performance on a reasonable size screen. A camcorder is no good as the screen is so small you can't see the detail. My daughter is an elite dancer that competes internationally her performance will be improved if she can see how she has danced and then try and improve it during her training - this is using technology for training and educational purposes not just simply leisure purposes and in my opinion the main reason for buying a tablet - i find it difficult to understand how people can not see how this would be such an advantage. The ipad video quality is sufficient for this but I don't like apple and would rather buy an android tablet. I have a ployer momo 11 speed which is fine for most things but the video quality is just not good enough for checking my daughters performance.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi nigela, I agree with Droid-Xer. You're not going to get the video quality in a tablet that you would in a camcorder. Since your primary concern is for instant playback on a large screen, get a brand name tablet with a high MP rating and auto focus on the rear facing camera. I don't think you're going to find a professional review of video capability, so I'd recommend you try various tablets in a store before deciding which to get. What someone else thinks is good performance may not be good enough for your purposes, so check it out for yourself to be sure. Good luck!

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
I believe the Nexus 10 and Samsung Note 10.1 have 1080p recording capabilities. Again not going to see the same video quality as a camcorder but it should suffice.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
I think you can consider the Ainol Numy 3G AX10 Tablet PC , Androit 4.2 OS, 10.1 Inch 1024*800 IPS Screen, display very clear and exquisite. It equip with 6500mAh battery, can work continuously for a long time.

nigela

May 31, 2013
Thank you for that information. Do you know where the best place to get one of these is and is there any where you can try one of them out?