Greetings from the Nations Capital

bubble.tea

Apr 26, 2012
Canada that is ;).

Finally decided to start playing around with an android phone and tablet., so here I find myself venturing beyond the usual howardforums :).

Got a few questions, one of which I already threw up in a thread, others I'm still searching first before putting a thread up, but somehow there's still no threads about it.

Can anybody help?

1-screenshots "work" but won't display in gallery, thread in forum.
2-how to close the apps that open up in the left scroll menu when you press the double square button in the bottom right? On my G Nexus, I can just swipe them and they delete, but on the GTab I can't.
3-How do you delete empty home screens? For the life of me I can't figure it out. I used to be able to do it on the Xperia, and Samsung Captivate, but on the Nexus or Tablet they're stuck? :(

Please help! :) :(.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi bubble.tea, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 forum for you, more people with your tablet are likely to join the discussion there and try to help you. Good luck!

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
you can find the screen shots in the screen capture folder - it shows up on my tab - try opening the gallery then exiting it and then checking again.

the swipe to close function is only on ICS, plus you really don't want to do this anyway - android is more efficient if you let it handle the task management. if you really want to close apps that are active, long press the home icon and a list of apps that are active is shown, click the X and it will close them

the only way to delete empty home screens is to use a different launcher. I use ADW and have set my screens to only 3

Canada that is ;).

Finally decided to start playing around with an android phone and tablet., so here I find myself venturing beyond the usual howardforums :).

Got a few questions, one of which I already threw up in a thread, others I'm still searching first before putting a thread up, but somehow there's still no threads about it.

Can anybody help?

1-screenshots "work" but won't display in gallery, thread in forum.
2-how to close the apps that open up in the left scroll menu when you press the double square button in the bottom right? On my G Nexus, I can just swipe them and they delete, but on the GTab I can't.
3-How do you delete empty home screens? For the life of me I can't figure it out. I used to be able to do it on the Xperia, and Samsung Captivate, but on the Nexus or Tablet they're stuck? :(

Please help! :) :(.