having the TF ... is like a dream come true

salmanghiyas

Aug 29, 2011
hey guys ... i just joined the TF family ... got my TF 2 days back ... its awsome ... i would say 10x times faster then the normal windows based products ... the only thing it lacks is the 3G ver. ... and i was so sad after knwing that prime wud also not have 3G .. why ? can any one go and ask ASUS .. why ?

any ways sorrows apart .. im the happiest man on earth or i shud say among the happiest men on earth that i have the TF at last .. waited 2 months for this as my parents were on an international tour and they said that we'll biring u this ...

nyways .. I SAY HELLO TO ALL ASUS TF MATES !!!!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

salmanghiyas

Aug 29, 2011
1 thing very strange im experiancing in my TF .. my parents bought this from DUBAI which is Saudi Arabia and im in PAkistan ... i had all the pre loaded apps ... nothing wrong there ... i successfully regstered to asus web storage ... but with the market i gave my google account ... im not able to search a single app... when ever i search anything in the market it says o results found ... i installed the apps by browising through the categories of mrket .. im not able to search anything it always ecvery time says no results found ..

can anyone help me in this matter ? ... do i have to root my TF ...

and 1 more question ... in my country netflix dont work .. i mean when ever i install the app on my TF or on my SGS i9000 it says netflix isnt available in ur country ... so by rooting my TF wud i be able to get the netflix?

ziffos

Apr 17, 2011
Hi and welcome to the forum and to the world of TF101's.

They truly are stunning machines and quite rightly deserve the accolades being bestowed on them.

I love using mine both with or without its keyboard dock and was pleased to get rid of an iPad 2 to allow me to get the TF101.

I agree that its a shame there is no 3G but hopefully you can do what most of are doing and that is "tethering" it to our smartphone - this works great for me.

Sorry to hear of your other problems and hopefully the more knowledgable members will be able to answer your questions.

Last edited:

salmanghiyas

Aug 29, 2011
Hi and welcome to the forum and to the world of TF101's.

They truly are stunning machines and quite rightly deserve the accolades being bestowed on them.

I love using mine both with or without its keyboard dock and was pleased to get rid of an iPad 2 to allow me to get the TF101.

I agree that its a shame there is no 3G but hopefully you can do what most of are doing and that is "tethering" it to our smartphone - this works great for me.

Sorry to hear of your other problems and hopefully the more knowledgable members will be able to answer your questions.

thanks alot for the wishes and greeting :)

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I would also recommend tethering using a smartphone or a MiFi device for internet. I personally would not want 3G in my tablet because then it would most likely be locked into a 2 year contract with a carrier, so not easy to upgrade or get rid of if I decide it is not right for me.

Your country may be blocking you from accessing the market, I am not sure what the rules and regulations are regarding that. Which version of the TF firmware do you have? If you go to Settings - About - Build there are 2 characters in the build number, such as WW, US, CN, JP, DE. I know the CN (China) has some market restrictions, but not sure about the one that you have.

If you wanted to root, this would technically void the warranty, but you could install a custom ROM on the device and some ROM's allow 3G USB dongles to function. Also, this may take care of your market issue (as long as it is not country specific based on your IP address).

Netflix - So far as I know this only is available for folks living in the US currently. When you connect, Netflix checks your IP address and if it is not from the US, no movies for you. Some users have opted to pay for a VPN service that will give them a US IP and allow them to conect to these services. This may also work for the market problem too.

jtsauburn

Sep 15, 2011
I also agree about not having the 3g and tethering. The a clear advantage is if you upgrade to a 4g phone, you will also be tethering at 4g!

salmanghiyas

Aug 29, 2011
Frederuco ... Thx alot for ur valueable advices

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Android Tablet Forum

salmanghiyas

Aug 29, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I would also recommend tethering using a smartphone or a MiFi device for internet. I personally would not want 3G in my tablet because then it would most likely be locked into a 2 year contract with a carrier, so not easy to upgrade or get rid of if I decide it is not right for me.

Your country may be blocking you from accessing the market, I am not sure what the rules and regulations are regarding that. Which version of the TF firmware do you have? If you go to Settings - About - Build there are 2 characters in the build number, such as WW, US, CN, JP, DE. I know the CN (China) has some market restrictions, but not sure about the one that you have.

If you wanted to root, this would technically void the warranty, but you could install a custom ROM on the device and some ROM's allow 3G USB dongles to function. Also, this may take care of your market issue (as long as it is not country specific based on your IP address).

Netflix - So far as I know this only is available for folks living in the US currently. When you connect, Netflix checks your IP address and if it is not from the US, no movies for you. Some users have opted to pay for a VPN service that will give them a US IP and allow them to conect to these services. This may also work for the market problem too.

i have the WW code in my build numberc... can any 1 assist ??

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
im the happiest man on earth or i shud say among the happiest men on earth that i have the TF

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. It's refreshing to see someone so happy with their tablet, usually I'm looking at posts from people having problems and complaining. Have fun out there!:cool:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
+1 on my friend Spider's comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
This is something I have seen on other tablets. Some tablets have geolocation elements which identify its original location and current location. The other thing is some apps are not available in certain locations (countries). The location elements can usually be resolved by clearing the Market Cache and also clearing some of the Google core services elements then restarting. This is a variant of the "Market Fix" I know of no solution though for apps which are only available in Europe/North America and not in Pakistan.
Try doing the "Market Fix" and then report back.

1 thing very strange im experiancing in my TF .. my parents bought this from DUBAI which is Saudi Arabia and im in PAkistan ... i had all the pre loaded apps ... nothing wrong there ... i successfully regstered to asus web storage ... but with the market i gave my google account ... im not able to search a single app... when ever i search anything in the market it says o results found ... i installed the apps by browising through the categories of mrket .. im not able to search anything it always ecvery time says no results found ..

can anyone help me in this matter ? ... do i have to root my TF ...

and 1 more question ... in my country netflix dont work .. i mean when ever i install the app on my TF or on my SGS i9000 it says netflix isnt available in ur country ... so by rooting my TF wud i be able to get the netflix?