HDMI connector repair

boomerkc

Aug 18, 2011
My A500 dropped with the HDMI cable installed. HDMI doesn't work anymore. Took to a computer repair center and they say I need to find someone that can "micro-weld" the connector back to board. Any suggestions on where I might find someone that can do this?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Send it in to Acer for repair.

Any thing they charge you for the work for non-warranty coverage is probably less than you will pay some repair shop.
Three is a good likelihood you may need a motherboard replacement anyway, especially if the impact tore the socket off
of the mobo and damaged those fine thin printed circuits.

This is why you buy a SquareTrade Warranty.

boomerkc

Aug 18, 2011
Icebike, thanks for you suggestions. I agree, I should have purchased SquareTrade Warranty, but didn't. I checked online at Acer and found it's still under warranty. I received approval to ship and have done so. Will keep you updated as to how they handle this repair request.

boomerkc

Aug 18, 2011
Icebike, wanted to let you know I just received notification from Acer repair that my A500 is being shipped back to me, repaired and ready to go. They never ask for payment. Thanks again for the heads up to check with their support/repair site. Every thing seems to have gone very smoothly. I should have it back on Tuesday according to FedEx website. I'm feeling good about Acer support/repair.