HDMI Output from Asus Transformer TF700

mikeynavy1

Nov 28, 2012
Hello. Obviously brand new here. I'm thinking about picking up a TF700 but have some concerns about its ability to output video/audio to a TV or home theater receiver. Most of the bad press involves Google Play, which I'm not concerned about. I am concerned about the ability to play videos (MKV, AVI, MP4, etc.) through a Samsung home theater system (with HDMI inputs). I know I'll need a micro-HDMI to HDMI cable or adapter. Will I be able to get play these files (or can someone list what formats can be outputted) before I make my decision to purchase or try to find something else that will? Lastly, if this tablet can be used for this purpose, what software do you recommend for optimum playback and compatibility (i.e. good with a variety of formats). Thanks in advance.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

The formats you listed should all work depending on the player you're using and should have picture and sound on your TV. With that said, the best most reliable format would be MP4. But the short answer is that it will work. There is a possibility you might need to manually change inputs but even that may work fine.

ksanger

Jan 23, 2013
Welcome to the forum

The formats you listed should all work depending on the player you're using and should have picture and sound on your TV. With that said, the best most reliable format would be MP4. But the short answer is that it will work. There is a possibility you might need to manually change inputs but even that may work fine.

I just got an Asus Infinity Tab TF700 for Christmas and can not get HDMI to a Samsung DLP hdtv to work. The same cable and tv work fine with my Droid RAZR phone though. The tablet came with Android 4.0.3. Is there something special I have to do to get this to go to the TV?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I just got an Asus Infinity Tab TF700 for Christmas and can not get HDMI to a Samsung DLP hdtv to work. The same cable and tv work fine with my Droid RAZR phone though. The tablet came with Android 4.0.3. Is there something special I have to do to get this to go to the TV?

No good answer but a couple suggestions. Is there another TV you could try? Is it possible to try another cable? Also in the past there have been some TVs that just wouldn't work but Android updates typically fixed the problem. Did you try changing the input at the TV using the remote?

When you connect and change the input, do you see anything at all happen?

ksanger

Jan 23, 2013
No good answer but a couple suggestions. Is there another TV you could try? Is it possible to try another cable? Also in the past there have been some TVs that just wouldn't work but Android updates typically fixed the problem. Did you try changing the input at the TV using the remote?

When you connect and change the input, do you see anything at all happen?

2 Samsung HDTV's and 1 Phillips HDTV and none of them work with the TF700.
I only have purchased one HDMI to micro HDMI cable. Did not think I would need more than one. This SIIG CB-HD0112-S1 cable was purchased from Newegg. Claims its good for 4K HDTV. Gold Plated. Works fine with my Motorola Droid RAZR HDMI output running Android 4.1.2.

I have to use the remote to change to the HDMI input on all of the TVs. After which all TV's say no signal found or no hdmi device found.

Even tried plugging in the AC cord on the TF700.

When you connect the input either to the HDTV or to the TF700 you get no indication of anything happening. On the Droid RAZR I get a popup asking if I want to duplicate the screen or display something else.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Well, it sounds like you tried everything I could think of. The port must be faulty as it was much easier for me to get it to work.

Nibiru2012

Oct 6, 2012
You might try connecting with the tablet powered up and then connecting the HDMI cable to the tablet first then the TV HDMI input port. It is true that sometimes an HDMI port on a TV may not recognize the connection.
Then try another port. When I connected mine, that's how it worked out.