hdmi

bikergirl

Jul 13, 2011
i have a superpad3 and when i put my hdmi cable to my tv i cant get anything the movie plays great on the pad can anyone help please

D

dvdcatalyst

i have a superpad3 and when i put my hdmi cable to my tv i cant get anything the movie plays great on the pad can anyone help please

Are you using the build-in Gallery video player or a one you downloaded from the market?

In order to make use of HDMI, the video has to be in MP4 format.

bikergirl

Jul 13, 2011
Are you using the build-in Gallery video player or a one you downloaded from the market?

In order to make use of HDMI, the video has to be in MP4 format.

i am useing the gallery video player and the movie is in MP4 format

D

dvdcatalyst

i am useing the gallery video player and the movie is in MP4 format

Ok, I was just making sure.
Using other video formats with other video players will not trigger the HDMI output.

It should work. If you start playing the video in gallery, it should show an HDMI option.
if not, something isn't right with the connection, maybe the cable, maybe the device itself(check the settings app for something about hdmi)

bikergirl

Jul 13, 2011
hi i was wrong when i click on the movie i get this complete action using BSPayer lite or CCPlayer or Movies or Video Player which one should i use and if it does not work then what next thanks

D

dvdcatalyst

hi i was wrong when i click on the movie i get this complete action using BSPayer lite or CCPlayer or Movies or Video Player which one should i use and if it does not work then what next thanks

Rather than tapping on the movie, open "Gallery", and then look for your movie.
that should make it play over HDMI

bikergirl

Jul 13, 2011
when i open gallery it tells me there are no items in your collection how do i put the film into gallery so it picks it up thanks

D

dvdcatalyst

If you play the mp4 video in the build-in video player, it should show an HDMI icon at the top left:
$dx_hdmi.png

(screenshot from my DroidX running Android 2.2.1)

D

dvdcatalyst

ok where do i copy it too on the super pad

the Gallery app looks for files all over your pad, so it doesn't really matter, however, if you see a videos or a movies folder, that might be a good location.

bikergirl

Jul 13, 2011
ok i am a pain i downloaded to file you said i have tried it from the sd card and i have tried it from the main ipad and still the same it will play in the video player on the pad but not in the gallery would it make any difference that my pad has been rooted with tim5a sorry to be a pain

D

dvdcatalyst

ok i am a pain i downloaded to file you said i have tried it from the sd card and i have tried it from the main ipad and still the same it will play in the video player on the pad but not in the gallery would it make any difference that my pad has been rooted with tim5a sorry to be a pain

It could be that it is because you are rooted, or it could be the pad itself.

I don't have a superpad myself, so the information I provided is "generic" froyo stuff, rather than specifically for your pad. I did do a quick google on the superpad, and quite a few people are experiencing complications with it.

I don't think I can be of any further help for you. You must have obtained the root-procedure from somewhere, so I would suggest to have a look there, maybe there is documentation, maybe there is a forum for it, and see if they can help you further.

The video file is properly formatted, so the hardware should pick it up without any issues. Maybe the root/rom you are using has HDMI not activated?