Help! Can't download or update

Feb 22, 2013
i have a d2 tablet. ice cream sandwhich 4.0. when i visit the market place i am unable to download apps games or books. thusly i cant update exsisting games and apps. i had no problems downloading until a few weeks ago. it will start dwnloading then in a few seconds it will say download unsucessful. rarely it will actually complete download but when i click install it wont install. can some one please help? it seems the problems started shortly after i put the sd card in..

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I'm going to take a stab at trying to help out.Go to settings > apps > all.Find the Google Store app and the Google Framework app. In each of those clear any cache and other items available then force close each.The restart your tablet. You may need to put your Google credentials back in again.

Report back the results.

Feb 22, 2013
I did everything, in the order that you listed. And it worked great at first. I was able to download some new stuff. But now I'm right back to where I started. Nothing is downloading nor can I update anything. As soon as I click update it tells me the download is unsuccessful. I've redone again what was listed above and it's not working anymore. There's one game that I'm needing to update as it has a major bug in it and I'm hoping the update will have a way to debug it, because until I do I'm just racking up coins that I can't use on it and several levels that I can not play. Geeze I feel like a noob learning how to use a computer all over again. Really hope someone can help, or I'm going to chuck the thing out the window as it's not doing me any good.

Feb 22, 2013
I have repeated the steps several times now even going so far as to reset the entire tablet using the reset button on the back of the outside casing. And nothing is working. Is no one on here at all now to help?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Unfortunately the reset button only resarts the tablet and is normally used if the tablet is frozen.You may need to do a factory reset. Make certain all your data is saved off the internal memory.

Feb 22, 2013
Yeah that's what I was afraid you were gonna say. Okay next question; How do I save my data onto my memory card? The only things that are saved on it that I need to keep if I do a factory reset are my games and two different book series that I want to keep. And then after that how do I do a factory reset on a tablet? I know how to on a PC, but not the tablets.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You would need to use a file manager to find the files and cut/copy/paste them to the external memory. Game settings may be a problem but all the apps will be available for install from the store again. In settings go to backup - reset and follow the instructions.

Lapin127

Dec 26, 2012
One way of backing up your Apps is to use the app Myappsharer - open my Appsharer, tick the Apps you need to copy and send them to your own Gmail a/c (you may need to send several emails, as they can be too big for Gmail attachments). You now have the Apps attached to your Gmails, so can copy them where you want - no need to connect your Tablet to your PC.

Feb 22, 2013
Okay I have officially given up! I'm have a big bonfire tonight, everyone's invited and I'm throwing my tablet into the fire. I did a factory reset and still can't download anything. I was unable to save my ebooks (back them up) so now I can't re-download them. The only thing I was able to successfully download and install was the update for the Market Place app. After I saw I couldn't download anything, I went back in and tried clearing data and force stop the market place app as well as the google framework and still nothing. I really would like to get this fixed as it's much easier to take my tablet than it is to tote a laptop/netbook around. Is there something I'm doing that I should be, or vice versa? The store where I got it in December won't take it back, replace it, or refund my money. And when I call D2, they say there's nothing they can do because it was bought at a discount retailer not through them or an approved sales retailer and I did not purchase an extended warranty. Please help.......????

Feb 22, 2013
One way of backing up your Apps is to use the app Myappsharer - open my Appsharer, tick the Apps you need to copy and send them to your own Gmail a/c (you may need to send several emails, as they can be too big for Gmail attachments). You now have the Apps attached to your Gmails, so can copy them where you want - no need to connect your Tablet to your PC.
Thanks but I had already saved what I could to my memory card and reset everything before I saw this post.