help I bricked my 7" sylvania mini tablet express

staylor29a11

Jun 18, 2011
I am not tech savy, and a complete dufus to any type of portable device and handling. The tablet was acting up so I thought I would clean privacy by doing a factory reset. The three finger method didn't work, that's what the repair technician's email said. I put system.bin and the .ius on my micro sd card, but it still didn't recognize the image that I had downloaded

I am extremely afraid of some of those parameters that I am seeing on this site. I don't know what I am doing and I am lucky to find you guys, can yall help me?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Welcome!

I am extremely afraid of some of those parameters that I am seeing on this site. I don't know what I am doing and I am lucky to find you guys, can yall help me?

Yes, however the update files are specific to the Hardware ID "hwver" of the tablet. If you cannot obtain the "hwver" as described in Step 1: Hardware version identification either using adb or a Terminal Emulator application in http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...date-synet7lp-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo.html there is NO way to select the proper file without risk of permanently "bricking" your tablet.

If the tablet is still under warranty, request a "Return Merchandise Authorization" RMA from Digital Gadgets Customer Service.

Disclaimer: No guarantee, however most users posting to this site have reported the SYTABEX7 as "hwver=11.2.1.5" and success with manually located update file 11.2.1.5.2.0_beta4.ius.

Last edited: