help I bricked my 7" sylvania mini tablet express

Discussion in 'Sylvania Tablets' started by staylor29a11, Jun 18, 2011.

1. staylor29a11

staylor29a11 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sylvania Mini Tablet Express
    I am not tech savy, and a complete dufus to any type of portable device and handling. The tablet was acting up so I thought I would clean privacy by doing a factory reset. The three finger method didn't work, that's what the repair technician's email said. I put system.bin and the .ius on my micro sd card, but it still didn't recognize the image that I had downloaded

I am extremely afraid of some of those parameters that I am seeing on this site. I don't know what I am doing and I am lucky to find you guys, can yall help me?

2. cfrockit

cfrockit Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sylvania SYNET7LP
    Welcome!

Yes, however the update files are specific to the Hardware ID "hwver" of the tablet. If you cannot obtain the "hwver" as described in Step 1: Hardware version identification either using adb or a Terminal Emulator application in http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...date-synet7lp-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo.html there is NO way to select the proper file without risk of permanently "bricking" your tablet.

If the tablet is still under warranty, request a "Return Merchandise Authorization" RMA from Digital Gadgets Customer Service.

Disclaimer: No guarantee, however most users posting to this site have reported the SYTABEX7 as "hwver=11.2.1.5" and success with manually located update file 11.2.1.5.2.0_beta4.ius.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011