help needed "how to root my tablet onda V712"

yanmad

Nov 19, 2012
hello
I have also the problem with my tablet "I can open the google market", I have read for fixe this issue I must change the /etc/hosts file, but I haven't the root right
So please can you explain How I can root my tablet
thanks
regards

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
Welcome to the forum

Check this thread: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/onda-tablet-forum/49577-help-onda-v712.html

and as quoted:

Hi, you need to install new firmware if you want to remove all the chinese apps, i just replied to your question on rooting before i read this post, Rooting your device dosnt allow the downloading of paid apps for free it simply allows access to the ROOT MEMORY of your device. The Firmware you need is here www.onda.cn/Support/Search.aspx?ch=1&pageIndex=1 - Translator make sure you download the correct version for your tablet V1/V2 then follow this http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...01-ics-4-0-3-play-store-etc-walk-through.html only download the root.zip and Gapps files and use your firmware V1/V2 this will rid the tablet of all the chinese bloat. As for your storage problem once you flashed it will be sorted, but you can just move the apps to external sdcard (if they allow).

yanmad

Nov 19, 2012
thank for the repy, I have find on the net a tool named unlock root, noboby know this tool
a flash is really needed ? [FONT=&quot][/FONT]I've never done and I'm a little scared

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
thank for the repy, I have find on the net a tool named unlock root, noboby know this tool
a flash is really needed ? I've never done and I'm a little scared

Hi, you will need to flash it to get playstore working, follow the instructions and you will be fine. Root does nothing but give you access to the root of internal memory it will not solve your playstore problem.

Last edited:

yanmad

Nov 19, 2012
Hi, you will need to flash it to get playstore working, follow the instructions and you will be fine. Root does nothing but give you access to the root of internal memory it will not solve your playstore problem.

thanks a lot for the reply , I will try the flash, I hope my tablet will works correctly after the flash