Help: transformer completly wiped, yes totaly

Ernst99999

Apr 1, 2012
Hello,

My transformer is totaly wiped, I tryed to wipe the cache but made the mistake to wipe the system. Now it will not boot anymore. Tryed to recover it with adb tool, but the sdcard is read-only.

I have still recovery image availeble (clockworkmod) but cann't find any option to get a new image on it.

Do i have to send it back to repair or is there an other option.

thanks Ernst

wendyace832

Apr 1, 2012
Hi, I'm new to the Forum and only a little tech-savy. My 2-month old Transformer 101 just stopped working this morning. Before it died, I kept getting messages that "X has stopped working" as in Music has stopped working, etc. I've tried rebooting as suggested on this site with the power/voice down and I'm still stuck at the Asus logo with a twirling circle...unendingly! A couple of times, the screen showed the little android symbol on his back with a red exclamation mark over his open stomach ???? I can't find out what that means... Has anyone had this happen? Thanks, Wendy

DavidSKi

Mar 22, 2012
why would you hijack this thread and not make a help thread of your own??

have either of you tried the hard restart paperclip hole? also make sure when you do any firmware updates or reinstalls, your hooked up to the wall for power. All too many times ive heard of resets gone bad because they were on battery.

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
There is a reset hole on a tf. But first press and hold the power and volume down button at the same time for about 10 seconds.

Last edited:

Ernst99999

Apr 1, 2012
There is a reset hole on a tf. But first press and hold the power and volume down button at the same time for about 10 seconds.

Where is that reset hole. I found a tiny hole under the earplug, but it does not any thing. Even when holding down power and vol-. What to do next? and is this getting a default rom somewhere, maybe SD-card ??

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
The hole is located next to the hdmi port. Push it in until it starts back up

Last edited:

Bste

Apr 4, 2012
Where is that reset hole. I found a tiny hole under the earplug, but it does not any thing. Even when holding down power and vol-. What to do next? and is this getting a default rom somewhere, maybe SD-card ??

That hole is not a "reset" hole that I'm aware of,,, that hole is the built in mic hole of the tablet,,,, so don't poke to hard in their:eek:

inextremis

Feb 27, 2012
That hole is not a "reset" hole that I'm aware of,,, that hole is the built in mic hole of the tablet,,,, so don't poke to hard in their:eek:

The built-in microphone hole is on the top of the tablet. The reset hole is effectively on the left side of the tablet at the bottom. See page 5 (item 6) in the user manual.

Bste

Apr 4, 2012
The built-in microphone hole is on the top of the tablet. The reset hole is effectively on the left side of the tablet at the bottom. See page 5 (item 6) in the user manual.
and you would be correct if you were talking about the TF 201 tablet,,, but that is not the case here,,,the tablet in question is the TF 101 ,,which doesn't have a reset button or hole available. Only power and vol. buttons which to hold for functions.