Help with Viber / Contacts on Coby 7022 pls

cpufo

Sep 4, 2011
I want to use Viber (free text msgs & calls via wi-fi) with my Coby 7022.

I managed to install Market w/o rooting as per daprospecta procedure and video.

So my 7022 is NOT rooted.

I have the Viber apk from my phone (market on 7022 wouldn't show viber, since it's not a phone).
Installed Viber but it fails because it can not find any contacts.
So it seems I have to install some contacts.
I have contacts.apk (849,560 bytes) and - is it needed? - GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk (122,282 bytes).

Couldn't install contacts (installation failed)
Couldn't install GoogleContactsSyncAdapter (installation failed).

D/L'ed GoContactsEX. When trying to manually add one contact to it asks: "create contact under account" with 2 options
- Phone or <myusername>@gmail.com Neither option works, I get the contacts screen, empty with 0 contacts.

So my questions are:

1) Is there ANY way to get ANY contacts app to work on the Coby 7022 (preferably without rooting)

2) Is there ANY way to get Viber working on this device?

cpufo

Sep 4, 2011
OK Thks. Installed both syncadapter-signed, went OK. But still can't install contacts.apk (i hope i have the right one) - "Application not installed" AND GoContactsEX still fails on adding a contact both on Phone and on <user>@gmail.com. Any Ideas?

cpufo

Sep 4, 2011
edit: found the "right???" contacts.apk. It runs, Viber works, but when trying to edit a contacts, app crash (process.acore stopped)

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
did you restart after installing? can you view all your contacts now they synced properly? You selected sync contacts under accounts and sync settings right?

cpufo

Sep 4, 2011
sync'ed and everything OK. Only edit contact crash the app. BTW, sync contacs & accounts is NOT under Settings but inside Contacts under Accounts. Maybe I don't have the "latest or correct" Contacts.apk? took it from here

At least Viber is working.

Last edited: