Help!!

Discussion in 'Nexus 7' started by BrettB, Nov 17, 2012.

1. BrettB

BrettB Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nexus 7
    upgraded to 4.2 on my nexus 7 on fri and my tablet absolutelty won't work. Apps won't load, pics won't load, screen freezes, acts completely retarded. WTF is going on? PLEASE HELP-->TY IN ADVANCE:))
  2. Frederuco

Frederuco Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    ASUS TF101
    Brett,

I am not sure what is causing the issue. I am sure you have tried rebooting as well with no luck.

I would suggest taking the back off (it just snaps off) and disconnect the battery, wait about 10-20 seconds, reconnect and pop the back on again. Boot up again and see if it is any better.

Beyond that, the only other suggestion I have is to do a factory reset (Settings - Backup & Reset - Factory Data Reset). This will wipe all data from your tablet, so you will want to back anything up (files, apps, etc) before trying this if at all possible.

I do not have a N7 to know much more about it, but you can always stop in to NexusTablets.net and ask the guys there, there are a lot more N7 users over at that forum.

Moved to the Nexus 7 forum.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. joe_peddos

joe_peddos Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    google nexus 7
    Had some problems when Nexus 7 updated. Held the on/off switch and volume switch down till it restarted that seemed to get it running OK. My Norton antivirus has stopped working. Looking on the Norton website it is a problem Norton knows about and they are working on a fix. The screen kept shutting down after a few seconds so changed the screen shutdown time to 30 mins though every now and again the screen darkens a little and then goes back to normal so I think there may be a few bugs that need fixing.
  4. Natey2

Natey2 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nexus 7, iDeaUSA CT702/YG A777
    Did Google hire any of those laid-off Motorola/Verizon Android people to work on this JB 4.2 OTA update?