Hi everybody,

buttonstc

Jun 16, 2012
Obviously I'm new here This seems like a friendly place and im looking forward to getting to know folks better around here

i just noticed that a lot of the automatic punctuation and capitalization conventions apparently arent working on this site spec ifically. no periods placed at sentence end and subsequent capital letter following hitting space bar twice also, no apostrophies placed in words which are obvious contractions (such as im) its not as if those two letters could conceivably be any known word other tjan a contraction of I am

whats up with that? ive been so used to the keyboard automatically taking care of things like that is there some type of setting somewhere that i can tweak? otherwise this could become quite tedious fast

buttonstc

Jun 16, 2012
is there a word limit on posts? it wouldnt allow me to type any further

confusing

well, anyhow, i have plenty more questions since im new to tablets and from looking around a little it seems tjat there ate a considerabld number of very

buttonstc

Jun 16, 2012
knowledgeable folks around here

argh

as usual, the cursor and editing control with Android keyboatds is hit and miss mostly miss :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi buttonstc, congratulations on your new A100 and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. To my knowledge, there isn't any limit on the size of a post on the forum. Any spelling or punctuation correction would be a function of the browser or app that you're using to access the forum, not that of the forum software. If you need anything for that tablet of yours, just click this link to the Acer Iconia A100 forum and you'll be in the right place. Enjoy the forum and your tablet!

buttonstc

Jun 16, 2012
I was using the stock Android browser (altho its the T9 version of it because the keys are larger, easier to see and use).

Now for typing this, I've moved to my iPhone which is obviously putting caps, periods and apostrophes automatically where they belong. Tomorrow I'll try it on my tablet again but use Skyfire which I've set to display as desktop and see if that improves things.

The stock browser basically went to hell in a handbasket after ICS install anyhow :(

I was reading another thread where its obvious that others are having problems with it also after ICS (not that HC was all that great either but at least if worked reasonably well)