Hi, I'm another newbie. Need to delete any sign of my existence.

soc

Apr 6, 2013
I just purchased a used Asus TF201. Was so excited just started using it, setting up accounts etc. Then checked out the cameras. The rear camera has the "green static" so am returning the tablet for refund. However, now I need to know how to erase/delete any sign of my existence from this tablet. I can't send it to the company for repair as there is no manufacturers warranty. Thanks for your help.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi soc, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Asus TF201 Forum for you, where someone should be able to help you do a factory reset of that tablet. If you created a Google PlayStore account, I would also go to Changing Payment Information - Google Play Help and follow the instructions for deleting your credit card information at the bottom of the page. In fact, do that first.

soc

Apr 6, 2013
Hi Spider! Thanks for the info about the Google acct. I did manage to get a factory reset completed and even got the package mailed out. However, I am now lost in the world of android tablets. I have spent ALL of yesterday and all of today (so far) doing more research, mostly on this site. Amazingly helpful. But, like I said, now don't know what to purchase. Unfortunately, I have champagne taste but beer pricing. Oh yeah, I started my tablet research over a year ago. I'll let ya know if/when I make another purchase.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi soc, glad to hear you got everything cleaned up and you're off to a fresh start again. Hopefully, you'll be able to find something that you'll be happy with in about the same price range as the Asus you returned. If/when you get another, please let us know via another post to this thread. Good luck on your quest for that mythical "Perfect Tablet".:cool: Enjoy the forum!