Hipstreet Phantom 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

klauttu

Mar 23, 2017
I have just purchased this cheapy 10" tablet. It really is good, except................the audio output is worse than abysmal. Contacted the supplier who says he has never had a complaint about the quality of the sound!

I use headphones which makes it okayish, but would have preferred to listen direct from the tablet.

Any simple cheap ways of getting over it. No, I am not buying an Apple IPad!!

Kate64

Jul 7, 2017
Have you still got your Phantom 2? I have been trying to upload music files on mine from a usb memory stick but have not succeeded yet. The lack of assistance as the company has gone out of business and also the lack of a proper manual to download makes it very difficult to use. Also, it has a habit of restarting itself for no reason. All in all, I wish I had bought another make, but I want to persevere, just need to find assistance!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
@Kate64: Normally the site frowns on reviving dead threads, but since you're asking for help we can let that slide. What device do you have? If its version of Android is older than Android 6.x, it likely does not support on the go (OTG) connections, which is what you need to transfer the music files from the USB stick to the tablet.

Now, if you DO have a Phantom 2, all you should need is an OTG adapter and a decent file manager like Solid or Amaze. Plug the USB stick into the adapter and plug the adapter into the device. It should show up in the notifications bar, and you should then be able to find it in the chosen file manager.

Kate64

Jul 7, 2017
@Kate64: Normally the site frowns on reviving dead threads, but since you're asking for help we can let that slide. What device do you have? If its version of Android is older than Android 6.x, it likely does not support on the go (OTG) connections, which is what you need to transfer the music files from the USB stick to the tablet.

Now, if you DO have a Phantom 2, all you should need is an OTG adapter and a decent file manager like Solid or Amaze. Plug the USB stick into the adapter and plug the adapter into the device. It should show up in the notifications bar, and you should then be able to find it in the chosen file manager.
Yes, I actually DO have a Phantom 2 and it is running Android Marshmallow I believe. As for expired threads, there was no indication I could see that this one had expired. I have already put my USB stick into an adapter, inserted it into my device and can see all files on it listed. My problem is, I cannot select music files individually Putting a tick into one box activates them all. I can see them as small icons or in a list. It is finding an appropriate place to send them to that is the problem, or knowing where and how to place a folder to hold them.I have had no problems with uploading files on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. Also, when I connect the Hipstreet Phantom 2 to my PC, it is unable to recognize or read it. Please have a little patience with users of a certain age needing help, your initial reply sounded like a reprimand.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
What file manager are you using when trying this? If it's the built-in file manager, that really isn't a good choice. Much better alternatives can be found on the Play Store.

Regarding dead threads, the forum rules and guidelines define a dead thread as being more than six months old from the date of the last post. My mentioning it is not a reprimand. You'd KNOW if it was.

Kate64

Jul 7, 2017
Would I indeed? That aside, the Phantom 2 came with very few pre-installed aps compared to my Samsung. I have installed a program called Transfer Companion from Google Play Store. This is supposed to provide the necessary link between my PC and the tablet. This evening I will install the this program onto my PC and hopefully, that will do the trick. The lack of support from a company is certainly a hindrance, so any help you can provide would be appreciated. This is all very new to me, and I intend that this thread stays very much alive, unless you rule otherwise. Are there other users in the forum of the Phantom 2? I also would like to download a manual, but none seems to be in existence. (your Lenovo seems to be a good choice, one which, on reflection, I should have made myself, but the Hipstreet company going out of business happened after I purchased the tablet.)

Kate64

Jul 7, 2017
I have since deleted the Transfer Companion program and will look for something more suitable as it has had some poor reviews. Would you please tell me the File Manager programs I should look for on Google Play Store as I have not seen any listed. Thank you.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Amaze File Manager or Solid Explorer are probably your best bets. ES File Explorer would also work, but you don't want the version from the Play Store. Too much bloatware in that app. So much so that I had to modify and re-sign an old version of the app for my purposes.

Kate64

Jul 7, 2017
I have installed a program called File Transfer and this seems to be working. When I connected the tablet to my PC after installing it, I was able to use "send to" for moving music files across. At the moment I have not changed the File Manager but may consider it, though without an added extra SD card I will have to be careful about storage space. Thank you very much for your help and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.